|13|

|13| Lyla Pembroke |

"I see what you're implying Lyla."

He wasn't stupid but he could still be blinded. Hopefully blinded by the infatuation he had with me. I finally turn to look him in the eye. I felt exposed and I didn't want to expose myself even more to him but maybe that was the key.

"I'm not, I just thought going to the cinema would be a nice proper date. Don't you think?"

"Y-You'd wanna go on a date with me?"

I pause.

"...why wouldn't I?" I physically felt sick to my stomach. I never imagined myself saying these things to a killer.

I see him blush a little. I fake a small smile as my hands wander over my wet skin. The warm water feels so good against my skin. It's been a long time since I've had a proper bath.

"I do have movies here Lyla. My Ma loved romance movies. I'm sure I have a ton stored away in the attic."

There's an attic, duly noted. I need all the information I can get about my current environment. He also has family. I wonder if they know about his behavior.

"I can't wait to watch some with you Niall."

"We'll have the whole weekend together before I return to work," His eyes seems to light up even more and I can tell I've struck a chord...maybe in his heart. He stands straight and opens the door slightly. "You finish up in here and don't take too long or you'll wrinkle up. There's a towel on the counter and I've laid out your attire on your bed. I'll be in the kitchen preparing us a little meal."

I nod and give him a slight smile. He returns a wide one before shutting the door. When's he's gone I let out of breath of air I didn't even know I was holding in.

I hate this, I hate this so bloody much.

I'm tired of worrying about what he's going to do. I'm learning some of his behaviors but not enough to try a full on escape again. Actually, I'm just plain tired of thinking. All I want is that delicious meal that I've been robbed of for a week.

When I finish in the bath i use a small brush to go through my tangled wet hair. I tie it into a small bun after that. I do as he ask and put on the dress laid out of the bed. It's sky blue, longer than knee length and has a floral pattern along the side. It's pretty, I guess but I'd never consider wearing it before this.

I leave the room shutting the door quietly. Slowly I walk down the small hallway and turn into the kitchen. I smell something but I can't quite put my finger on it.

His back is faced against me as he stands in front of the stove. I walk in slowly admiring my surroundings. I didn't get a good look earlier because I was running for my life. The room is bright and has the most windows. I can see out into the backyard from the window above the sink.

I can see the doors that lead to the cellar. My breathing hitches in my throat as the fears I've gained resurface. I never wanted to be back down there again.

"Would you mind setting the table angel?"