|26|

|26| Lyla Pembroke |

I manage to give him a kiss on the cheek before leading Olivia to my quaint bedroom. I shut the door behind us and take a deep breath. "Why did you close the door?" She asks me.

"Oh, you know how boys get. They always want to listen in. I haven't had anyone else to talk to in the longest time so I thought it would be good if we spoke more privately..." Okay, I'm terrible at giving explanations. She did seem to buy it though. After setting her purse on my bed she begins to rummage through my closet. I have a seat on the bed as I watch her.

"So I know Mrs. Horan loves lavender so maybe you can wear this-"

I couldn't stand to have that conversation with her. I didn't care about dress colors or what Niall's mum likes. "You know how I got here, right? He kidnapped me and killed my friend." I'm trying to whisper but it makes me so angry when I think about what he did to Kate.

She sighs. "...I can't help you, I'm sorry."

"Why can't you help me?" I ask her sounding confused. She walks over to the bed and sits beside me.

"Your the best thing that's ever happened to Niall and I can't be the reason your taking away from him."

"Don't tell me that's your excuse. Niall is a schizophrenic who needs to be locked up in a psych ward."

"Okay, that's not the only reason. Harry likes it when Niall is happy and stable. If you get away or the police find out then everything will go to s.hit. I've finally earned Harry's trust after five years, I even have a job now. I can't mess all that I've worked for up...I won't go back to the basement. Harry won't let me see my son if that happens a-and--" I cut off her rambling and I embrace her in a hug. God, please don't let me end up like her.

"He took you too?"

"Yes, when I was fifteen and he had just been released from the mental hospital. My son, Ben, was born two years ago. I can't try to leave Harry now."

I didn't fully understand. If I was in her situation I would do everything in my power to be free. "It's okay, I don't want to risk you getting hurt."

She nods and we don't speak for awhile. "I can do something for you Lyla," she quickly reached into her bag and pulls out an old receipt and a pen. "You can write a letter to your family and I'll do my best to try to get it to them. You can't mention Niall's name or your situation. I'll read it over before I deliver it. I'll give you a while to let you decide what you want to say but make sure he doesn't find it."

I nod as tears fill my eyes. "Thank you, thank you so so so much." I embrace her again. Maybe this will help give my family and Louis some hope that I'll be home soon.

Did I mention that this story is very unedited?