|23|

|23| Lyla Pembroke |

I watched him from the kitchen as he paced around through the living room. He was on the phone with someone who was unbeknownst to me. I couldn't read his eyes so I don't know whether he was excited of frightened.

I was playing along with his fantasy again after my punishment. I desperately wanted to get out of this prison. These walls are the only things I've seen for the longest time. I was getting paler and losing weight like crazy.

"Okay, I'll see you there..." His voice trailed off as the call ended. After sticking his phone in his back pocket he stood there staring at the fireplace for the longest time.

I was scared that he might be having another psychotic break. I slowly approached him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Something bothering you Niall?" He turned around with a wide smile on his face. I gasp a little as he grabs me by the waist and spins me around.

"It's happening Angel," he says and I raise an eyebrow in confusion. "Our wedding, it will be two weeks from now!"

I attempt to match the smile on his face without seeming fake. "Really? I mean, that is such little time to plan everything."

"It's okay because I will handle everything and it will be very small. Just you, me and close family. Me Mum, Dad, gran and my brother Greg. And of course, Harry and Olivia." I'd meet his family. Maybe that's my way out of here. I had a lot of time to think of ways of escaping and I had a few plans in my head. All I had to do was pay attention to the detail.

Right now, my plan was to get in Niall's room. Who even knows what secrets are hidden in there.

"This is great!" I say falsely as hug I him. I've been planning something for a long while and I figure this is my chance. My hands rest back on his shoulders and I lean in to kiss him. When I pull away he's blushing bright red. "We should celebrate Niall."

My hands fall down his shoulders, his biceps, his forearm until I'm holding his hands. "Right, we should. But...erm...how angel?"

"Show me your room and we'll get more acquainted." I physically felt sick to my stomach as my hands found the belt on his waist. I keep eye contact as I start to undo it. His eyes widen and before I know it he's roughly pushing me away. I almost fall back on my bottom.

"No one goes in my room! It-It's private in there..." Niall begins to repeat those words over and over. He puts his hands over his ears like he's trying to block out some sort of noise. How have I not put it together yet?

"I'm sorry, I didn't know."

I'm the only one who can make it quieter. He's a schizophrenic who hears voices and he's attached to me because he think I stop the voices. I jump when he picks up the glass coffee table and flips it over out of anger. "Shut up, shut up, shut up!" He shouts clearly in distress. I cover my mouth in shock and start backing away. "Stop talking all at once! No! I won't do it!"

He faced me and I was afraid I'd be the next thing he'd hurt. He said he wouldn't but I know anyone in his condition is unpredictable. I freak out and only one thing comes to mind when my mind is racing with thoughts. He races over to me and roughly grabs my arm.

"Down in a green and shady bed, A modest violet grew; Its stalk was bent, it hung its head. As if to hide from view. And yet it was a lovely flower, Its colors bright and fair, It might have graced a rosy bower. Instead of hiding there." I slowly sang the nursery rhyme with a shaky voice.

I feel his tenseness fade away and he pulls my smaller body into his. He rest his head on my shoulder and pulls me in tight. "Sing!" He shouts in my ear after I realized I've stopped. I was just too in shock at how his moods quickly changed.

"Yet there it was content to bloom, In modest tints arrayed; And there it spread its sweet perfume. Within the silent shade, Then let me to the valley go, This pretty flower to see, That I may also learn to grow. In sweet humility..."