|32|

|32| Niall Horan |

Just like I said, I gave her clues throughout the car ride. I pretended like the blindfold was for the little game I created but it was really extra precautions. It was the perfect time when we arrived. The sun was setting making the small beach home glow with light. I watch her eyes as I finally take off the blindfold.

The wind is blowing, waves are crashing against the rocks, the sun is setting and the most beautiful thing that I see is my sweet Lyla. I can tell she's mesmerized by the sight. "Believe it or not but I've never been to the beach before," She says sounding slightly astounded. I grab ahold of her hand and she interlaces our fingers. "It's beautiful out here."

I knew she'd like it out here. We would remember this place forever. "It's amazing, yeah? Took the lot of my bank account but totally worth it in the end," she only nods as she stares at the scenery. "Well, let's get everything situated inside." I try to pull her along but she stays planted to where she is.

"Can we..can we stay outside for a little while longer? Who knows when it'll start raining again..." She inquires and I smile down at her. Who I am I to ruin her fun? This was her honeymoon too.

"Of course, Angel." Then we walk to the beach hand in hand. Her touch makes me feel warm inside me. I compare it to the feeling of when you eat a warm chocolate chip cookie. Your heart warms and your taste buds dance. It's not a very good metaphor but there are thousands more that run through my mind every single second of the day.

I turn to her as I let go of her hand. "I bet I can beat you down to the shore." I say. She gives me a mischievous grin. "Your on." She says. I don't even get to say go and she's already racing me. She laughs as we reach the water, I pull her into my arms and spin her around. Her laugh, it's even more lustrous than I thought.

Her cheeks turn red from embarrassment when she realizes I'm watching. I never want her to feel embarrassed under my gaze. I lean down wanting to feel her strawberry lips against mine. She places a hand on my shoulder to stop me. "I want to ask you something Niall," She says my name so beautifully. I keep our faces close as she hesitantly asks her question. "Do the voices like me? I mean, what do they think of me?"

She wants to know about them? No ones ever asked about them in that way. I sigh, "You're wonderful angel." I answer as I brush the wind-blown, auburn hair from her face.

She blushes. "Is that what they think?"

"I don't know...so many voices, so many opinions and I don't want to think about that. I want to be in the moment with you while it's quiet. I want you to care about me, not them."

"I do...I care about you Niall." Then she's ready and I kiss my beautiful wife.