|8|

|8| Niall Horan |

Being patient was never one of my strong suits. I took matters into my own hands. Being around Lyla made me want to be patient. I can't act like an irrational boy if I wanted her to like me too.

I drilled in the bolts that would attach the latches to the front door. The steel locks were next. I tucked the key into my pocket and went to work on the backdoor that was attached to the kitchen.

It was raining outside so we would have a nice afternoon inside. After securing the back doors I work on the windows. It takes me and hour to do those. I was basically childproof everything and making our home safer. If a door or window needed to be opened a key would be needed. I would have it, of course, I am the man of the house.

I smile when I finally finish. I walk into the living room and turn on the small television before walking back to the kitchen to wash my hands.

As I begin to prepare the vegetables for dinner a name catches my attention. The news is playing on the tv. "It's been three days since the young women, Kate Herrera and Lyla Pembroke, have been missing. They were last scene leaving there hotel in London. Pembroke and Herrera's parents are offering a thirty-thousand dollar reward to anyone who can bring their daughters home. If you have any information regarding this situation please contact the Bureau at-"

The voices begin to drown at the news ladies voice. Pictures of Lyla and her tramp friend were displayed on the television before it turned to commercial.

She's not missing.

She's safe with us.

They want to take away your angel, Niall.

I won't let them.

The voices fade away slowly. I pick up my knife again and start slicing the green bell peppers for the spaghetti. It's one of the only things I know how to make. I'm sure Lyla knows more than me. I bet she's really smart.

I'm excited for dinner tonight. She's going to wear one of the dresses I bought her and we're going to talk all night. We'll get to know so much more about eachother. Maybe we'll watch a movie together. A funny one would be nice. I wonder what she sounds like when she laughs. I bet she has a wonderful laugh. I bet she's wonderful at everything.

I think about her all through cooking dinner. I make two plates for us and set them on the small dining table a few feet from the living room and kitchen.

I finish and jog down the hallway towards her bedroom door. I press my ear against the door to see what I can hear. I hear her humming a dulcet tune.

Quietly I unlock the door and open it slowly. "Angel, it's dinner time," I say curiously looking around. My eyes don't immediately land on her which worries me. "Angel-"