Chapter Fourteen- "Some Bitch From My Past..."

Chapter Fourteen

 "Some Bitch From My Past..."

Sophia’s Point Of View

             I woke up to the sound of the vacuum cleaner running and sighed knowing Carina was in one of her cleaning sprees. She always cleaned whenever she was stressed out. I rolled onto my side to cover my ears with the pillow until I noticed Justin wasn’t next to me. Where did he go?

            Before I could get up to look, I saw a note sitting on the comforter. My stomach dropped remembering the first time I found a note from him. I wearily opened it, unsure if I was prepared to read it.

Sophia,

            I woke up feeling a lot better thanks to you. I knew you had to work today so I went to a meeting for work. I want to see you tonight because I have things to talk to you about. Meet me at my hotel at six tonight, okay?”

                                                                        -Justin”

            I folded the note up and set it on the dresser table. What did he have to talk to me about? I’ve seen the movies. When someone says they need to “talk” to you, it’s never about something good. I didn’t really know how to feel about the note. I mean, he didn’t seem upset but he didn’t seem happy either. I guess I won’t know until tonight though.

            Rising from my bed, I went to change into khaki pants and my ‘Donna’s Diner’ t-shirt. I was so not in the mood to work today. I just wanted to go back to LA in Justin’s house and cuddle with him on the couch and watch movies. I smiled at the thought. Slipping my sneakers on, I grabbed my house key and headed down the stairs to say goodbye to Carina.

            “Hey, I’m leaving for work. I’ll be back around five because I have to get ready for a date with Justin. Is everything okay?”

            I watched her turn off the vacuum and make her way over to me.

            “Sophia, there’s something you need to know.” She glanced nervously at me as if she were unsure of herself.

            “Um, okay?”

            Why was she acting so weird?

            “Justin isn’t the right guy for you Sophia. Trust me, you want nothing to do with him.”

            “What are you talking about?” I replied.

            “Sophia, I’m not trying to get into your business. I’m just saying I really don’t think you should trust him, that’s all.”
            Was she being serious? I’ve never been happier in my life and she’s trying to tell me Justin isn’t the right one? He’s been nothing but a gentleman to me. What the hell does she know?

            “Carina, stop. Is this about Ben? Just because he doesn’t like him? Don’t try and tell me he does because I clearly heard his remark towards him last night before you two left. I’ve never been happier with Justin. You barely even know anything about him. You don’t know him like I do. Are you really going to listen to your boyfriend and believe everything he says about him?” I felt the blood start to boil under my skin.