Take Away the Pain (Neko!Reaper)

(mk so before we start I just want to say two things:)

(WHERE DID ALL OF THESE VIEWS AND VOTES COME FROM!?! AHHHHHH I'M NOT CRYING)

(Secondly school is starting so I might not be able to update as often as I do now, -and i notice i update pretty often lol- but I'll try to get one or two updates at least every week -3-)

(oh ya and THANK U)

(thats three things but whatever SHHHHHHSSHSHSHHSHHHH) 

(also i recently read a blog about self-harm cuz im making an oc that self-harms himself and i wanted to understand it a bit more and how it feels to run a blade through your skin. i thought about adding self-harm in my stories before, but i wasnt sure how people would react. so self-harm ahead cuz i want practice -3-)

Reaper's P.O.V

Reaper sat at the edge of a tall building, watching the sun set. His tail flicked lazily as he watched people move around below him. They looked like ants from up here. His ears were hidden by his hood so others weren't able to see them.

A small hum escaped from his mouth. It was a old melody his mother used to sing to him when he was still a baby bone. She died when Papyrus was born, and somehow Reaper and Papyrus were separated when they were still young. Now, Reaper was all alone. The darkness was his only company.

Darkness was like his only friend. It would welcome him with open arms. It never leaves. It seems to follow him everywhere. It was like his own little world.

It's not as bad as it sounds. That is if you liked being alone. And being alone is Reaper's thing. But sometimes Reaper wished he had somebody by his side. It would be nice, but it was just a thought.

Soon, the sun disappeared and the stars started coming out. The city lights turned on, keeping the place bright. The various colors shined brightly in the dark.

Smiling sadly to himself, Reaper glanced up at the stars. He knew the legend. If you wished with all of your heart, your wish would come true. Reaper had never tired it before, so he didn't know if it was true or not. But tonight felt like the time.

"I wish I had somebody with me," Reaper whispered quietly, pouring out his heart. The breeze flew by gently, like soft hands touching his face. Just like how his mother would to comfort him.

Pushing away the sad memories, Reaper stood up and went home. When he pulled off his hood, his ear perked up. Probably tired of being flattened all day. Nekos weren't very common in the city. And that means there's only about a handful of nekos and the rest are people or monsters. So walking around with ears and a tail is pretty awkward.

Reaper wasn't exactly sure how a skeleton can be a neko, but he went with it. There wasn't anything he could do anyways. Once he closed his eyes, darkness washed over him faster then the ocean waves.

And just like every night, he slept without dreams. 

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into a month. Reaper was starting to doubt that his wish would come true. And with each passing day, he would loose more hope.

Hope was funny, in a way. It could make you strong and help you push forwards, or it could be completely taken away and leave you broken.

Reaper haven't cut for weeks. Almost a month clean. That was a new record. Everyday, the urge to cut was almost overwhelming but he somehow always found a way to avoid it. But cutting himself once won't hurt, right?