Wishes

(to make up for that shitty emotional chapter, here's a cute short chapter)

(can't write emotional scenes)

(i just cant)

(why)

Geno's P.O.V

Geno was walking through waterfall. The fake stars glistened above. Today was quiet, and nobody was around. The only sounds heard were the rushing waters and the meaningless whispers from the echo flowers.

Waterfall was a good place to relax and to be alone. It was quiet, and there were lots of secret caves. It was also a good place to whisper your wishes, and hope that they would come true.

As Geno passed by a small cluster of echo flowers, he heard a series of wishes.

'I wish I can fly!'

'I wish everyone can be happy.'

'I wish me and my family can watch the sun set together.'

'I wish that I could tell my crush how I felt.'

The last one sounded a bit familiar, but Geno decided to let it go. Besides, he had the same wish as well. He wish that he could tell Reaper how he truly felt, but he was afraid of rejection and that Reaper would think he was weird for being gay.

Sighing, Geno walked home. His heart fluttered slightly at the thought of the god of death, but he knew Reaper would never feel the same way. After all, he had Toriel. Those two looked like best friends. Surely they would be together, right?

Feeling slightly down at the thought, Geno trudged home.

~ Time skip brought to you by Mafiatale Sans :D ~

Geno was back at Waterfall again. Reaper said he was going to Waterfall, and invited Geno to just hang out and talk. For some reason, Geno felt a little disappointed but he quickly pushed it away. If it meant spending time with Reaper, he would jump at the opportunity faster then you can say 'genocide.'

Finally, Geno found Reaper leaning against a rock, staring at the fake stars above. Geno blushed a bit as he came over and sat down next to him, also glancing upwards.

"Huh, you came." Reaper commented after a few moments of silence. "I didn't think you would."

Geno gave him a funny look. "Why would you think that?"

Reaper shrugged. "Dunno. Thought you hated me for getting on your nerves."

"I still do," Geno said playfully. Reaper chuckled. After a few moments, Geno murmured, "Hey Reaper. Do you have a wish?"

Reaper thought for a moment and nodded. "I wish the other gods would stop bugging me to do my job."

Geno felt slightly disappointed, but chuckled anyway. Everyone knew Reaper wasn't to fond of his job, but since he couldn't do much about it, what was the point of pouting?

Suddenly, Reaper sighed. "Actually, that's not my wish."

Geno raised a non-extent eyebrow. "Then what is your wish?"

"If I told you, you would judge me." Reaper replied, rolling his eyes. "Besides, it's kinda personal."

Geno knew how it felt to be asked how your personal life, but curiosity won him over. "Oh come on, it can't be that bad."

Reaper chuckled. "I know where this is going, and my answer is still no."

"Please?" Geno tried.

"Nope." Reaper said, grinning like a fool.

Geno poked Reaper's face. Boop. "I'll tell you my wish if you tell me yours."

"Fine," Reaper said, giving up. He tilted his head to look at the ceiling. Very quietly, he murmured, "I wish I could tell my crush how I felt."

Geno froze, and realized that the wish he heard the other day was Reaper. They both have the same wish, and they did sound similar.

Reaper was now looking at Geno, waiting to hear his wish. Geno sighed. "That's my wish to."

Reaper lit up with surprise. Something flickered across his face, but Geno couldn't identify it. But it looked like jealously? Bitterness? It was hard to tell.

"And who's the lucky person?" Reaper asked, almost bitterly. Geno was slight surprised by the tone of his voice, but he let it go.

Besides, Geno wasn't ready to tell him that the 'lucky person' was Reaper. He cross his arms. "I'm not telling."

"I'll tell you who's my crush if you tell me yours." Reaper said, his face back to normal as if nothing happened. Geno had to admit, he was dying to know who Reaper was crushing on. He could always lie about his crush, but then again he wasn't a good lair.

Geno sank deeper in his scarf. His words were muffled as he said, "You tell yours first."

Reaper frowned, then sighed. "They probably won't feel the same way, and think I'm weird." Reaper said quietly, as he avoided eye-contact.

"I won't judge," Geno promised. He wouldn't be surprised if he said Toriel.

"Alright, I'm trusting you on this one." Reaper took a deep breath, and said quickly. "Mycrushisyouandiunderstandifyouhatemeandthinkimweirdforbeinggay."

Geno blinked, not understanding a word he said. "What?"

Reaper sighed. "My crush is you and I understand if you hate me and think I'm weird for being gay." Reaper said slowly, looking at the ground. "Happy?"

Geno took a few moments to process what he just said. Suddenly, he felt his face heat up like a oven. When he tried to speak, all that came out was meaningless sounds.

"Uh- are you okay?" Reaper asked uncertainly.

In his head, Geno was internally screaming and doing a weird happy dance, because that would be embarrassing if he randomly started dancing. But one thing he knew was his crush liked him back! "cndhfwfdadfsurk"

Reaper blinked slowly. "I should probably go."

Before Reaper could leave, Geno grabbed his sleeve. "No leaving." He huffed as he pulled Reaper back down and hugged him tightly as if he was the softest teddy bear in the world. He really did feel like one. His cloak was smooth, soft, and silky.

"Mine." Geno murmured happily, burying his face in Reaper's cloak.  

Reaper blushed, and returned the hug. "Heh, so your gay to~?"

Geno's blush darkened. His face was on fire. "Shut the hell up and just hug me dammit."

Reaper chucked, and pulled Geno closer. They were cuddling for about a hour or so before they fell asleep in each others arms.  

(reaper would be the world's best teddy bear)