Chapter 8: Important news!

Professor McGonagall showed us to all of the common rooms. Well, now my friends and I know exactly how to get into each one of them and where they are. I wouldnt mind being in Hufflepuff. Their common room is right next to the kitchens. Midnight snacks, YES!

Anyway, once it was just the five of us, we headed to the headmistresss office. We came to a giant statue of a Griffin and I accidentally heard professor McGonagall mumble the words, expecto patronum. The Griffin jumped to the side and a golden staircase appeared. We hopped on and it took us up to a small sitting room with a red lounge, an old looking lamp, a red and gold rug and a glass coffee table. There was a wooden door with golden door handles and door knocker, which I assumed led to her office.

When we entered, we were greeted by a circular room, where half off the wall was covered in book shelves and the other, with portraits of previous headmasters and headmistresses. I could see Professor Dumbledore and Professor Snape there as well. All of them were pretending to be asleep though. I only knew they were pretending as I saw a couple of them close their eyes as we entered.

There was a grand desk in the middle of the room, with a comfortable looking desk chair on one side, but only two small chairs on the other. Professor McGonagall conjured up two more and we all sat down, waiting silently for her to begin talking.

Well, I suppose you are wondering why you are all here and just so you know, you arent in trouble. She said. I released the breath I was unaware that I was actually holding.

I just wanted to inform you that you have special permission to go into each others common rooms. You will also be allowed in the room of requirement after school and on weekends as I trust you girls. Mrs Somerville has told me great things about you. She informed us. I was so excited, it would mean I would get to see all of the houses, not just my own.

Finally, it wouldnt have kicked in yet, but you are all metamorphmagis. She said, as if it was totally something you would hear every day.

Wait, but professor, I thought you were born as a metamorphmagis? I asked, quite confused.

Ahh, yes, you were, but as you all grew up as muggles we couldnt have your appearance changing, so we cast a charm that would hide your powers until you came to Hogwarts. As soon as you arrived here, I cast the spell, so your powers should be back in a day or two. Now, metamorphmagi are very rare, so it is quite extraordinary to have four who all happened to become best friends. She replied. Now, off to bed, pip pip. She instructed and we immediately got up and left. When we got to the end of the corridor, Felicity and Lydia headed down to the dungeons and basement, whilst Marci and I headed to the towers. I got to the door with the bronze knocker and eagle and soon, the eagle began to talk.

What vehicle is spelled the same forwards and backwards? It asked.

I thought about it for a moment, spelling different vehicles backwards, finally, it popped into my head. God I feel stupid now.

Race car. I said.

Correct. It replied and the door swung open, revealing a beautiful common room. It was mostly blue and had a small semicircle of a room attatched to the far wall opposite me. The rooms walls were all bookshelves and in the middle it had a bronze statue of who Im assuming is Rowena Ravenclaw. There were many lounges and tables and 2 fireplaces. On the right hand side there were two staircases, one with a sign pointing to the right saying female and the one on the left saying male. Im assuming they are where our dorms are.

I headed up the stairs that said female and I followed it up to a corridor with many doors in it. I saw that there were labels on each one and I finally found one that said my name, as well as Brianna Moir, Tamara Burney and Lucy Weasley. I was so happy that I wasnt put with complete strangers. I opened the door and found the room was rectangular with four beds lined up against the far wall, 3 of those occupied except for the one next to the window, there was a bedside table next to all of our beds, each with a blue lamp on top. My suit case lay at the end of my bed and Scarlet was sitting on top of my pillows. There was another door which must have led to a bathroom on the right hand wall and a desk to the right of where the door was and a book shelf to the left.

Hello. I said to everyone as I walked in. They replied with a simple hello and went back to what they were doing. Tamara was on her iPad, probably checking Wattpad, Brianna was hanging up her miraculous ladybug posters, and Lucy was painting her nails. Lucys bed was next to mine, Briannas bed was next to hers and Tamaras was right on the end.

I noticed it was already 8:00 and that everyone else was in their PJs so I went over to my suit case and grabbed out my white singlet top with a picture of the Eiffel tower on it and some black comfy pyjama shorts (and underwear of course). I also grabbed my toiletries bag and headed to the bathroom. It was another rectangular room with a giant bathtub, which looked more like a swimming pool with what looked like a million different taps, in the middle. There were 4 cubicles up the end which I am assuming were for toilets, and at the other end, there was 4 sinks with one giant mirror and then in the spaces on either side of the sinks were 2 floor length mirrors.

After I had finished with my bath and gotten dressed, I used a spell to dry my hair and then I brushed it. As I brushed it, I noticed that the ends were more blonde than usual, it must be my powers coming through. I went out and to my bed. I grabbed out my phone and checked all of my social media, I then wrote in my journal. (A/N: again, the journal is this book) At 9:30, I realised I should probably go to bed as I had school tomorrow and today was only Thursday. There were four power points next to my bedside table, one already being used by the lamp. I put my laptop, iPad and phone on charge, closed the sky blue curtains around my four poster bed and lay there, staring at the ceiling which represented the sky outside, much like the great hall.

Well, I hope you guys like this chapter. It is more of a filler chapter, not so much action.

Thanks for reading.

Vote

Comment

There are 1206 words.