Chapter 2: Diagon Alley

Mrs Somerville led us over to the front office. When we got there, a lot of people were questioning as to why we were there, but then she led us to a wall, which seemed very odd. She took out a stick, I mean a wand, from her coat pocket and tapped the wall in a circular motion. Once she had done so, an oak wooden door appeared right before our eyes. She opened it up and stepped aside, allowing us to go through first.

Inside, there was a narrow staircase leading straight into darkness. Lydia, being the Dauntless (as she would put it) girl she is, went down first. Marci went second, Felicity 3rd, myself 4th and so on. As we continued down the stairs, the room began magically lighting up.

Eventually (A/N: All I can think of is SpongeBob right now) we made it to a stone like basement. The theme appeared to be blue and bronze, with a giant fireplace, a loveseat sitting across from it and a small coffee table in the middle of the two. Next to the fireplace, there was a large flower pot, filled to the brim with a glittery silver substance.

We hadn't noticed before, but sitting in the corner of the scarlet loveseat was our friend Javaan. I just assumed that he had gotten a letter as well, which is pretty cool, as it means more friends for us.

"Finally, you are here, it felt like a million years." Javaan exaggerated.

"Oh dont exaggerate Javaan!" Alisha complained.

Javaan just rolled his eyes, then turning to Mrs Somerville, he asked if we will be heading off.

"Yes, ok, so, who would like to go first?" She asked. Everyone was kind of looking around sceptically until Blake slowly raised his hand.

"I, I'll go Miss." He volunteered.

"Good, now when travelling by Floo powder it is important that you speak clearly, take care to get out at the right grate, keep your elbows tucked in, shut your eyes, dont fidget and dont panic. Remember to speak very clearly and say Diagon Alley." Mrs Somerville told the class.

Blake took a handful of floo powder and stepped into the fireplace. "D, Di, Diagonally." He spluttered, dropping the floo powder into the fire place. There were murmurs around the classroom, wondering if they had heard correctly.

"Oh great, now he is going to end up in Knockturn Alley, and knowing Blake, as he has read the books, he wont be trying to make his way back any time soon." I informed everyone.

"So, who would like to go to Knockturn Alley to look for him?" Felicity asked.

"I volunteer Brianna as tribute!" At least half the class yelled at the same time.

"Why is it always me?" She whined. We all glared at her and finally she agreed. "Fine." She groaned as she stepped into the fireplace with a handful of floo powder and screamed "Knockturn Alley!"

The rest of us all followed, saying Diagon alley. I was second last, in front of Mrs Somerville. I had always wanted to do this and I intended to do it right the first time. I grabbed a handful of the soft, glittery powder and stepped carefully into the fireplace. I turned around to face Mrs Somerville and she gave me an encouraging smile. I took a deep breath in and shouted, "Diagon Alley!" I zoomed off, it felt like I was being pressed into a small tube. I remembered what Mrs Somerville had said, and quickly tucked my elbows in and closed my eyes, remaining as calm as I could.

I knew when I had arrived as I felt myself shoot out of the fireplace and land painfully on the ground. My four best friends all helped me up and helped wipe the soot off of me. Not five seconds later, Mrs Somerville came zooming out, although she landed on her feet, experience I guess. She dusted herself off and told us to follow her.

We had arrived in some sort of bookstore that was packed with last minute shoppers, as school started in 2 days. She led us out and we waited for a few minutes until we saw Brianna and Blake. "Brianna!" Britney called out, gathering her attention. "Oh, there you guys are. I found Blake skulking around Borgin and Burkes. I practically had to drag him out the door." She exclaimed profoundly.

"Well, come on then everyone, we have to go and get some money." Mrs Somerville said, looking at her watch worriedly. She led us to a magnificent white marble building that I already knew was Gringotts the Wizard bank. There was a sign on the front that said;

Enter stranger, but take heed

Of what awaits the sin of greed

For those who take, but do not earn,

Must pay most dearly in their turn.

So if you seek beneath our floors

A treasure that was never yours,

Thief, you have been warned, beware

Of finding more than treasure in there.

I already know that Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley had managed to break in and technically so had Quirinus Quirrel, but I am assuming that the goblins have added more security as that would be the smartest thing to do.

We walked in and to the desk right at the end, where a goblin sat, and sorting money into piles.

"I wish to enter the Hogwarts vault." Mrs Somerville announced. The goblin stopped what he was doing and leant over. "Do you have the Hogwarts key?" He asked with a sneer on his face. "Oh, I've got it here somewhere." She exclaimed, searching through her coat. "Ah, here it is." She exclaimed, producing a key from her back pocket. "Follow me." The goblin instructed in a bored tone. He hopped down off of his tall chair, almost toppling over in the process and proceeded to a door off to the right of his desk. Mrs Somerville beckoned us all to follow and that is exactly what we did.

Ok so here is the next chapter.

I will upload every day until I run out of chapters which then I will upload whenever I finish writing one and Lydia has checked it. Make sure you look up the tag #8A and you will be able to find all of the stories about our class. If you are reading this and you have written a story on our class, make sure you add the tag 8A or this won't work.

Vote

Comment

Thank you for reading

BTW this chapter has 1101 words.