Chapter 4: The Owl, the Cat, the Monkey and the Red Panda.

The next day, I woke up and nearly panicked as I had forgotten that I was at the leaky cauldron and thought that it was all a dream. I checked my phone and it was 7:00. I decided to go and have a shower and get ready. I had only bought a few of my muggle outfits and as it was Summer here, not Winter, I decided to put on, my black and white checked skater skirt, with my black crop top and my black and white vans. For jewellery, I just had on the usual signet ring I wore every day, and some plain fake diamond stud earrings. I couldn't figure out what do in my hair, and I really wanted the Katniss braid, so I looked in the spell books and found one that did your hair for you, you just had to think really hard of what you wanted it to look like. It took me a few tries but eventually I had gotten it correct.

By the time my hair was complete, the others had woken up, all had major bed hair (except Felicity cause her hair is just so perfect). I told them to hurry up and get ready so we could go and have breakfast and then go to Diagon Alley. Finally, after taking a Riddikulus (A/N: HEHE, see what I did there?) amount of time, we went downstairs to meet up with the rest of the class.

After breakfast, Mrs Somerville let us choose our groups and told us we had to meet her back at the leaky cauldron at exactly 12:30 for lunch. It was now 8:30 so that gave us 4 hours. We quickly scrambled out, and Miss Somerville tapped the wall with her wand. It opened up and I felt like I was in the Harry Potter movie.

The girls and I wandered around for a while, looking at stores, but not buying anything. We decided to go to the book store again, and I found 2 books that I found immensely interesting. These included Quidditch through the ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Once we were finished in there, we headed out and found a place called Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour, and decided we would treat ourselves.

Inside we found, Destiny, Aisha, Britney, Brianna and Tameka, all slurping on their ice-creams. They obviously had the same idea. We bought our ice-creams, somehow, there were so many flavours to choose from, and went to sit at the table next to them. We chatted for a while, mainly about our fandoms, and then decided to head our separate ways.

It was 11:30, which left us with an hour to find ourselves a pet. We left to head Eeylops Owls Emporium. It is the main pet store in Diagon Alley, and yes it does sell more than just Owls, it sells many exotic creatures, including, monkeys, lemurs, etc.

We entered the store and looked around, eventually we all came back to the front of the shop with our chosen animal, ready to pay for. Lydia, who was probably most sensible (A/N: Well, thats a first HAHA), came back with a beautiful black owl, with bright green, emerald eyes. Her name, is Nightmare. She told us. Marci, had an adorable ragdoll kitten with bright bluebell eyes. She still hadnt chosen the name though. Felicitys was a bit more exotic as she came back with a cute little monkey. I wasnt sure what type, as I am only aware of one breed and that is the finger monkey, but this one was a bit big to be of that breed.

Finally, I showed them the animal I had chosen. It was a baby Red Panda. The owner had said that her name was Scarlet, and I couldnt think of a better name, so I kept it. We pay for our new companions and were about to leave when the shop owner calls me back. Scarlet is special, once she feels she can trust you, she will be able to communicate with you through your mind. She told me. At first I thought she was joking, but the look on her face was dead serious (A/N: Im so sorry Sirius Black RIP). I was a bit confused but I went with it.

It was finally time to go back to the Leaky Cauldron and have some lunch, so we either carried or put our pets on our shoulder (in mine and Felicitys cases) and headed back. Once we got there, everyone that had gotten a pet had gotten either an owl a cat or a toad, like the rules said, but Felicity and I planned to get special permission off Professor McGonagall.

When we entered, everyone stared at our pets in awe. Tiahn and Josie squealed like crazy, saying how cute they were, but Tamara looked at us a bit sceptically, as we werent usually ones to break rules. I just walked straight past everyone and took a bee line to Mrs Somerville. "Mrs Somerville, we were wondering if you could possibly send a letter, asking Professor McGonagall for special permission, to have our monkey and red panda. Please." I asked in my kindest, sweetest voice, using puppy dog eyes for extra effect. It must have worked because she replied with, "ok, girls, I know you are responsible, so I will put in a good word for you." We said thank you about a million times and then headed to sit with our friends.

After lunch, we decided not to do much, so we sat around our room and did our own thing. Marci, Lydia and Felicity were mainly playing Star Stable and Minecraft, but at one point Lydia stopped to write another chapter in her story, The Running Dead (A/N: This is a real story, so go check it out). Tamara, who didnt get a pet, played with ours. I read the school books and practiced a few spells. I then wrote in my journal about everything that I had done today. (A/N: The book you are reading is the journal that I am writing in. Just thought I would clarify that. If it is in someone else's POV then imagine it's their journal unless I say different. It is also written as if it is a story because Imogen plans to have people read it when she dies) When it was about 5:30, I realised that we only had half an hour until dinner, so until then, I taught the girls the few very useful spells that I had already learnt, like the one that does your hair for you and the one that dries you off when you are wet.

Once they had perfected the spells, we headed down to dinner. We ate, chatted and then, as if it had only just dawned on me, I realised that WE WERE GOING TO HOGWARTS TOMORROW!! I then noticed that everyone was looking at me strangely, and I realised I had actually said, no, yelled that out loud. I shrugged and sat back down. There is nothing wrong with being a bit, ok, very excited.

After dinner, we headed upstairs, had our showers and packed our suit cases (or trunks, as the HP people call them), fed our animals and got them settled in and went to sleep. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Well, I hope you liked this chapter. Red Panda's are my favourite animals so I couldn't help but having one in the story. It was that or a Finger Monkey, but Flic wanted a monkey so ya. As you can probably tell, Lydia chose her owls name...

Thank you for reading.

Vote

Comment

This chapter has 1308 words.