Chapter 15 (edited)

Greg came rushing outside and spotted me and raced over.

“Hey are you okay? Did Johnny hurt you?” Greg asked looking me over.

“No, he didn’t do anything,” I replied.

“Are you okay?” Greg asked seeing I was in deep thought, “Do you remember when you asked me about if anyone ever asked me out?”

            I looked at him in confusion and nodded.

“Alex, she just told me she has a crush on me,” Greg said sitting down next to me.

“Okay,” I replied.

“I don’t like her like that,” Greg said looking at me for a reaction.

“So you two aren’t together?” I asked.

“No, why would you think that?” Greg laughed.

“I saw you two, and Johnny said…”

“What did he say? Alex and I aren’t together. Is that why you ran off? Because you thought I was with her? Vi, I would have told you if I were with someone,” Greg assured putting his arm around me pulling me in.

“Maybe that’s why…and you saw me? Gosh, sorry, I just…”  I mumbled.

“Don’t worry, I get it. I mean if I were in your shoes and I saw you with Luke like that I would probably have run off and wouldn’t know what to do. Were you worried when you thought Alex and I were together that I wouldn’t have time for you?” Greg asked.

“Yeah, maybe. I mean, remember when Vince and Jesse got together? They were inseparable,” I said.

“I could never forget about you. I would always make time for you,” Greg smiled and kissed my head.

            Someone cleared their throat and Vince and Jesse were staring at us and Jesse had a huge grin on her face.

“What are you two talking about?” Jesse asked excitedly.

“Stuff,” Greg replied taking his arm off me.

“Crush stuff?” Jesse pushed.

“No!” Greg and I said at the same time and looked at each other and laughed.

“Okay, you two suck at lying,” Vince grinned.

“We were talking about Alex,” Greg admitted.

“Alex?” Jesse said in confusion.

“Yeah, but it’s all good. Anyways class is going to start soon, see you two later,” Greg said as he hopped off Vince’s car and I tagged along and waved to Jesse.

“That wasn’t awkward as hell,” Greg laughed.

“Oh I know…they love playing match maker,” I commented.

“So now you know that I’m single, what about you?” Greg nudged.

“Me? Are you kidding? The only friend I have is Luke, so no I’m single as hell,” I laughed.

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that, you know, that you don’t have many friends,” Greg said.

            The afternoon I tried my best not to act differently around Greg. I hated the tension between us. It has never been so strong…. During last period Greg had a study hall and Johnny and Alex were in it. Greg was doing his homework while I wrote down everything we found out on this trip. Alex sat in front of Greg.