Chapter Thirty-Four

Where are you?

And I'm so sorry

I cannot sleep, I cannot dream tonight

I need somebody and always

This sick strange darkness

Comes creeping out so haunting every time

~Deadlox's POV~

Hours later, after Mitch and Jerome left with Hunter, I was still sitting in my wheelchair next to Sky's bed. That is, until a nurse came and told me I had to go back into my room. I gave a nod and looked back as I left him.

I stayed up all night, just staring at the ceiling and thinking about Sky. I felt so guilty, but that's what Ender wanted, right? I bit my lip hard, wanting to go to Sky's room.

I could only wonder about how Sky felt... Ugh, I'm a monster. I turned on the TV as an attempt to distract myself. These thoughts would get me in trouble. I eventually drifted off into a restless sleep.

When I woke up, there were nurses standing around me. I didn't even notice that I was breathing heavily. "Wh-What happened?..." "You were crying in your sleep." I sighed.

"It's fine, I just had a bad dream I guess..." They nodded and left my room. The only thing I wanted to hear coming out of their mouths was news about Sky.

About an hour or so later, a doctor walked in. "Hello Tyler, how are you doing?" I exhaled loudly. "I'm worried about my husband." The doctor looked at me sadly. "Well, he's doing better, but he still hasn't woken up." I looked down at my hands.

"At the rate that he's going, he should wake up soon." "Define soon." I looked up at him and slightly bit my lip. "A week or so." My heart dropped into my stomach. I couldn't take a week of sleepless nights, wondering if he'll survive...

~Time skip, a week later~

I was getting discharged from the hospital today, but I still wouldn't leave. Sky still hasn't woken up and now, I'm starting to think he never will.

The doctors said that even if he did wake up, he would probably have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I just wanted to tell them what really happened, but I couldn't.

I called Mitch and Jerome to ask them to go into our house and bring me some clothes. They complied and were at the hospital in less than thirty minutes.

"Here ya go. Fresh, clean clothes." Said Jerome, handing me my usual white V-neck and jeans. I mustered a small smile. "Thanks." I said and walked into the bathroom to change.

Once I was changed, I signed the discharge papers and headed over to Sky's room with Jerome, Mitch and Hunter. I held Hunter against me, he was fast asleep which was a good thing.

As always, I sat right next to Sky's bed. Mitch and Jerome sat in the other chairs near the window. We talked about how Sky would be affected if he broke out of his "mini coma" so the doctors called it.

About an hour later, they left. And it was just me and Sky. I ran my fingers through his hair and gave a sad smile. We had just gotten married, and this had to happen. "Its almost like fate is screwing me over..." I mumbled.

Then, I felt his finger twitch. I looked closely at his face. His eyes were still closed, but I could see his eyebrows start to scrunch up like they did when he got frustrated.

I probably pressed the "call nurse" button a thousand times. When they got in, he was breathing on his own. He still wasn't awake, but at least he could breathe without the tube.

Things were improving.

End of chapter!! Hope you doods liked and as always, don't forget to slap that vote button wit yo forehead and comment!! I love reading your comments! ^.^ Peace out!