Chapter 53 - Changes

"Jamie" I heard Ally's voice. She's still here? I looked up and saw her standing with my mom and Pattie. Who both looks upset. They aren't suppose to pick me up. What are they doing here? Or what I should be asking is what happened for them to be here looking upset.

"What's going on?" I asked worriedly as I walked down the few stairs to them.

"Something happened" My mom started off. Oh no. "It's your dad, Jamie. He passed away today" I just stared at my mom in shock.

I don't know how to act. Of course, it makes me upset, but I didn't really know him. He left us when I was seven and I haven't seen him since. We talked a few times, but I haven't heard from him in years.

"I'm so sorry" I heard Austin say.

"How did it happen?" I asked quietly. I felt something on my shoulders making me jump and then realized it was just Austin putting his jacket on my shoulders. I nodded at him as a thank you then faced my mom again.

"He was sick and in the hospital. I don't know too much just yet. His brother called to tell me." She told me.

"Wow" I said in a quiet tone.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" I heard Pattie ask me.

"I just don't know what to say o-or how to react. That just really hurt me to hear that, but I didn't really know him" I told them.

"I lost my dad when I was very young. I understand the way you're feeling." I heard Austin say. I looked over at him quickly. I forgot about that.

"Were you confused?" I asked and he nodded. "Uh where was he uh living?" I asked my mom as I looked back at her again. She had tears in her eyes.

"Montréal" she answered quietly like she was holding back her tears.

"I don't know what to say" I said as I took a deep breath. All the joy, all the happiness I was finally starting to feel is now back out the window.

"Let's just get you guys home" Pattie said and I nodded agreeing.

"I'll see you guys soon, okay? I love you, Jamie" Ally said quickly as she hugged me tightly.

"I love you too. Take your time, but also please hurry" I told her as we pulled away.

"You know I will" she gave me a weak smile before turning away and quickly walking into the parking lot. I faced Austin and he sighed before hugging me.

"I'm so sorry" he said quietly to me as we hugged. "If you need anything at all, you know I got you" He said as we pulled away from each other.

"Thank you, Austin. I had an amazing time tonight." I said then took his jacket off of me and handed it back to him. He nodded then walked away.

"Ready, Hun?" My mom asked me. I nodded and grabbed her hand as we walked to her car which was right in front of us. I gave my moms hand a squeeze before letting go and getting into the back seat. I let Pattie sit up front with my mom. Luckily, they are best friends. Pattie can talk to my mom and make sure she's okay. I have no words right now.

I unzipped my clutch and grabbed my phone from it. I saw the time read 11:21. Depending on where Justin is, I think he should be off stage now. I pressed his contact quickly. I need to talk to him right now. Even if I have nothing to say, I need to hear his voice.

"Hey Jamie, it's Scooter. Justin's getting all his mic stuff off of him right now. Just give him like two seconds" Scooter said quickly as he answered the phone.

"Okay. Thanks Scooter" I said back and just stared out the window as I waited. I heard a lot of voices in the back ground. So he just got off stage.