Chapter 28 - Rumors

It's been two weeks.

Two weeks since Justin moved.

I'm a mess, but I feel I've been really good at hiding it. I smile and tell everyone I'm okay, I'll be fine, I can handle it. Then I go home and I cry. Well I haven't cried in two days, so I've made progress. I don't talk to Justin a lot. He's been super busy. Him and Scooter have been traveling a lot. Justin has done a few interviews. I'm really proud of him.

"Hey" I heard Ally's voice pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked up from my notebook to see her staring at me. We're in class right now and it should be over soon. I guess I zoned out. "You okay?" You'd think since it's been two weeks that everyone would stop asking. I sighed.

"I wish everyone would stop asking me that" I told her. She frowned.

"You just look sad, Jamie. We care about you" She said back. I fake smiled a little.

"It's been two weeks I'm okay" I lied. She shook her head.

"Exactly, Jam. Only two weeks. You and Justin broke up and he moved out of the country. It might take a while to recover from that" I sighed and looked back down at my notebook.

"I'm fine" I mumbled, but loud enough for her to hear me. The bell rang meaning class is off. I quickly stood up and grabbed my things.

"Well if you want to talk about it, you know I'm always here" I heard her say. I looked up and smiled at her.

"I know. Thank you" she sent a smile back and we both walked out of the class together. I saw everyone staring at the end of the hall way.

"What's going on?" Ally asked confused too. We started to walk closer and I saw Austin and some other student shove each other. "Oh god" I heard her say under her breath.

"Yeah well you better watch yourself" I heard Austin say to him as he got back in his face. The kid laughed and went to swing till his friend pulled him back asked what he was doing. Without thinking I quickly walked over to them and tugged on Austin's arm making him look at me fast. His expression changed from angry to confused.

"Don't fight. It's not worth it" I told him. He sighed then looked back at the kid.

"Stay away from me, man" he said to him then went to his locker a few feet away. I walked over to him and leaned against the lockers as he opened his. "Why'd you stop me? Why not just stare like everyone else?" He asked with a scoff. "We aren't even friends right?" He still hasn't look at me since he did when I went up to him. His eyes stayed on the locker.

"Because you don't need to get in trouble for fighting in school. It's senior year, why do something to jeopardize your scholars?" I told him and he finally looked over at me. "And we are friends. You did come to my birthday party remember?" I asked joking with him. He slowly shook his head as he looked away for a few seconds before looking back at me.

"Until your boyfriend told me we couldn't be friends and he didn't like that shit" he told me. My smile slowly dropped and was replaced by a confused look. His eyebrows raised. "Oh. You didn't know?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"I ran into him a week after your party and he accused me trying to win you back and told me to stop trying to be friends with you because he didn't like it" He explained to me.