Chapter 29 - Believe Me

I took a deep breath as I opened my locker. The coffee I had this morning is not sitting right in my stomach right now. I feel so nauseous.

"Jamie" I heard Ryan's voice. I looked over to see him walk over to me.

"Hey Ry" I said with barely emotion due to me feeling sick.

"We need to talk" He said in a serious tone. I looked back over at him confused.

"About what?" I asked slowly scared to hear what's got him so serious.

"First off, I have a question. Why the hell did you go on a date with Austin two days ago?" He asked me. I sighed.

"Ally told you? And also wait a minute it was not a date at all" I made sure to emphasize on the 'not a date' part. I don't need anyone thinking it was.

"No she didn't. She didn't have to considering there's a picture of you two from some paparazzi" he told me. My jaw dropped.

"What?" I asked loudly. "What the fuck are you talking about, Ry? W-what picture?" I asked him. He pulled out his phone and I watched him scrolling.

"Look" he said handing me his phone. It was a picture of Austin and I walking to the movie theatre laughing. I sighed again and handed him back his phone.

"It's not what it looks like. We went as friends" I tried to tell Ryan. "When we went I saw some guy taking pictures of the Avon steps I guess he took this once he noticed who I was" I rubbed my face and took a deep breath before looking back at Ryan. "Does Justin know?" I asked him. He slowly nodded.

"He is pissed" he told me. I groaned.

"You believe me, right? That it wasn't a date?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"I-I don't know. I mean he is your ex" He said and I looked down at my feet and leaned against the lockers after shutting mine. "But I'm not the one you should be asking that" I slowly looked back up at him.

"When did he find out?" I asked him.

"Yesterday" he answered.

"Makes sense as to why I haven't heard from him since yesterday morning" I said sighing. I feel terrible. I don't want him to think I moved on already or that everything I said about Austin during our relationship was a lie. Austin's no more than a friend. The picture makes it look worse than it is because we were laughing. And it was just us two. Fuck.

After Ryan walked away, I pulled out my phone to text Justin.

___
Me: hey j call me when you can
Me: or text
___

Now time to go sit in class and just over think. I feel like shit already as it is. I shouldn't have went with Austin. This situation is just blown out of proportion.

***

It's the next day and I still haven't heard from Justin. I know he doesn't want to talk to me. I tried to text him again last night and got no answer. So I didn't even bother to text him today yet. I'm at lunch with the group right now. I'm not even hungry so I'm just sitting here talking with them.

"Are you guys down to go to that party?" Chaz asked us. I looked over at Ally. She shrugged.

"I don't know" She said then looked over at me. I looked away and sucked on my bottom lip as I looked at the three of them. "What?"

"Austin asked me to go with him so I might. I don't know" I told them.

"Why are you even talking with him again?" Chaz asked me. I sighed.