Chapter 4 - Just Best Friends

It was getting late now and Justin's still over. Ryan is here too. He got here an hour ago. He was really bored so we told him to come here. But it's now about to be one in the morning and I know the boys are going to leave shortly. We watched like two movies. Well one and a half technically. We didn't finish the second movie because Justin and Ryan kept talking. I laughed at what they say then looked down at my phone to see Austin texted me.

_____
Austin: Goodnight beautiful

Me: Goodnight ill text you in the morning
_____

I put my phone back down with a smile.

"Awe did your little boyfriend text you?" Ryan teased me. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Wanna finish the movie now?" Justin asked changing the subject.

"Yeah let's finish it" I agreed and grabbed the remote. Ryan looked at us both weird. "What?" I asked. He shook his head with a little smirk then leaned back and faced the tv. Alright then. "I'm going to get a water. Anyone want anything?" I asked standing up. They both shook their heads. So I walked out into the kitchen.

"Jamie!" I heard Ryan's voice. "Actually never mind!" Then heard footsteps.

"I could have grabbed something for you, Ry" I said as he walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah, but I wanted to say something to you without Justin hearing" he told me. I looked at him confused. What would he say to me that he can't say in front of Justin? Me and Ryan are just as close as they are. "Don't you think Justin seems jealous?" He asked me quietly. I shook my head quickly.

"No. Justin's not jealous. What would he be jealous of? He just doesn't like Austin and he knows I'm going to be bringing him around now that we dating" I explained to Ryan. He nodded and looked like he didn't believe me. "Ryan stop. He's not jealous. He's just protective over me and you know it"

"Okay okay" Ryan said then walked back out. I shook my head and took a deep breath. Why would he think that? I walked back into the living room and laid down on the couch. I grabbed the remote and hit play. Then I laid my head on Justin's lap.

"Hey Jamie, not that I mind at all, but wouldn't your boyfriend be mad that your head is on me? I mean I don't really care what he thinks, but I don't want you to have problems" I heard Justin say. I picked up my head and looked at him.

"Justin I have been doing this since we were so little" I said with a laugh. "So I don't care" I put my head back down and I heard a quiet chuckle come from him. I'm not going to change the way things are with my best friend because I'm in a relationship. We are so close and there's nothing for Austin to worry about.

**Justin's P.O.V**

The movie ended and I looked over at Ryan who is knocked out. I guess me and Ryan are sleeping here because Jamie is asleep on my lap right now. I don't want to move and wake her up. She's sleeping so peacefully. I looked down at her and ran my hand softly through her hair brushing it out of her face.

I have this feeling in my stomach that I can't explain. And when I try to explain it to the boys they just laugh and say I have feelings for Jamie. I'm pretty sure I don't. I just love her so much. And they are now consistently saying I'm jealous that Austin is dating Jamie. I'm not jealous. I just don't like him. We all know that. For some reason I don't want her to be with anyone. Not even talking about Austin, I mean no boy at all. I don't know why.

But I don't have feelings for her. I can't. She's my best friend and she does not have any feelings towards me. But when I'm around her all I feel is happiness. She keeps me going. My mom thinks we will end up together in the future. I don't think so because I don't think Jamie will ever be in love with me.

Again that makes me kind of upset. That would mean I have feelings for her. No. No I don't.

I need to go to sleep.

**Jamie's P.O.V**

"And you think that's okay?!" I yelled into my phone. I'm standing in Ally's kitchen as her, Sarah, and Chaz are in the living room. I think Justin and Ryan may have just gotten here. I'm not sure though. I thought I heard the front door.

But right now I'm on the phone fighting with Austin. I was at his house before I came here and he was texting some girl that he says is 'just his friend', but she was flirting with him and he acted like she wasn't. Clearly she was. He was playing stupid with me.

So I left and came here since the group was coming here, but he's been blowing up my phone so I finally answered his call. So I've been on the phone with him for about ten minutes fighting.

"Nothing was happening!" He yelled back at me.

"Clearly shit was! You were just letting her flirt with you!"

"Do you not trust me?" He asked me.

"I do, but when this type of things happen, it's really hard to, Austin" I told him.

"So what are you going to do when I get coffee with her in a few days?" He asked shocking me.

"Excuse me? What are you talking about? Are you being serious right now?" I asked getting even more mad.

"Yup. She wants to catch up with me" he told me. I laughed quietly to myself. "You gotta trust-" I cut him off.

"Austin if you go with her, we are done" I told him. Then it went silent. "Austin" I begged.

"I won't go" I finally heard his voice.

"I can't believe you even thought about it" I said in a normal tone, not yelling anymore.

"Because she's a friend-" again I cut him off.

"That I don't know and just flirts with you. That's so disrespectful, babe. I wouldn't do that to you" I said back and was so mad that I felt a tear drop. I cry when I'm frustrated.

"I don't know what you and Justin talk-"

"No. You know you have nothing to worry about-" now he cut me off.

"How do I know? How do I know that when you guys are together every day?"

"Because it's not like that. You know what I can't do this shit right now" I said sighing.

"Because I'm right!" He said raising his voice again.

"No because you're so wrong about everything right now and you're so fucking oblivious to it!" I raised my voice back at him.

"Whatever. Fuck this right now" he said then hung up. He desdass just hung up on me. I felt more tears start to fall and I tried to wipe them away. I walked into the living room to see everyone there. They all looked at me with sad eyes.

"Are you okay?" Ally asked me.

"It's fine" I said then started to cry a little more. Justin jumped up and pulled me into a hug. That's when I let the tears go.

"You're gonna be okay. I promise" I heard Justin's soothing voice as his hand ran up and down my back. He always makes me feel safe.