Chapter 39 - California

Valentine's Day was almost two weeks ago already and it was honestly such an amazing day. Justin and I had a great time the entire day. Then he left the next morning, sadly. I haven't seen him since, but his birthday is in two days and Scooter is throwing him a huge party. And even better, in California since Justin has meetings and other things on his schedule in Cali this week. So they are flying me, Ally, Chaz, Ryan and Pattie out there tomorrow. I couldn't be more excited. And even better, we are off of school on Monday which means more time with Justin in California. Plus I've never been there.

I pulled myself out of my thoughts and looked up at Ally who is sitting on my window seat on my laptop. We have just been hanging in my room every since we got here after school.

"What are you doing?" I asked her causing her to look up at me quickly before looking back down at the screen of the laptop.

"Looking at prom dresses" she answered me.

"Already?" I asked with a laugh. She nodded and smiled.

"Of course. I need to find the perfect dress. I know it's less than four months away, but I'm excited" she told me.

"Did you finish packing for tomorrow?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Did you?" She asked and I nodded too.

"Last period we just need to rush to the parking lot as fast as we can. Like no stopping at lockers or anything" I told her. Our flight is at four and school ends at two-twenty. So we are going straight to the airport after school and my mom is taking us all so before school everyone is putting their bags in my moms car. Thank god she has an SUV. "I'm so excited to see Justin again" I said with a smile.

"You guys have been good?" Ally asked as she put my laptop down next to her and put her feet up on the chair. I nodded.

"We've been great. You know, it's hard not seeing him for so long, but we talk whenever he can and we've had no problems in a while" I told her.

"You guys are seriously the couple everyone looks up too" Ally said making me smile. "It's so obvious you guys have been in love with each other for a long time" I giggled to that.

"I wish we knew sooner, but I'm also happy we figured it out when we did" I told her. She nodded agreeing.

"This weekend is going to be amazing" she said smiling wide and leaned her head back against the wall. "I've always dreamed of going to California." She told me.

"Same here. And who knows maybe you'll find a guy there" I joked with her. She laughed.

"That would be great" she said back and we both laughed.

This weekend will be great though. I can't wait for Justin's party, just being with him, going to Cali for the first time, sight seeing. And I get to give Justin his birthday presents. I felt like it was hard to shop for him this year.

But I got him a new journal for his songs for whenever he runs out of room in the other one.

A black sweatshirt made for him that has a small red heart on the top left side and on the sleeve by his wrist, real small, has the date he asked me to be his girlfriend. It might be corny, but I think it's sweet.

And that is all I got. I wish I could better and bigger things since he does so much for me. But I did have to get a new phone a few weeks ago and paid for insurance for the new car. So I'm a little short on money right now, but I know Justin will be grateful for the things I got him.

He always hated when I would get him expensive things for his birthdays and for Christmas. I used to save up money months before his birthday so I can get him nice things and he always told me not to.