A Death

"We need to get the king alone," Lincoln responded after a long moment. "He's going to be far finer warrior then his soldiers, but even then his men are top of the line elite."

Another ranger shook his head, "I'll have no part in this." He walked out, followed by another three. That left only five. Lincoln didn't care if they all walked out as long as they left him alone and were not going to fight against him as well.

"Are you going to be the king?" Another spit, and Lincoln shook his head with a wry smile.

"No, I am leaving the country for a while, maybe when I return everything will be all sorted out."

"I'm only going to get rid of those guards...." the man replied upon hearing the screaming as buildings were set aflame, in attempt to find Lincoln. The Bounty Hunter clenched his jaw and ground his teeth, Katarin was really turning out to be nothing but a savage. "The king is yours."

"Thank you...for everything," Lincoln replied softly, drawing another dagger. "You guys ready?"

The small group of rangers each prepared another arrow, and then set out the door at a trot, swinging up and onto the nearest building that wasn't to high. Lincoln ground his teeth again and panted heavily as he struggled to follow. His attempts certainly paid off, for no one seemed to notice the bounty hunter was not keeping up or seemingly bogged down but an awkward weight, not to mention at loss for agility because of a bulging stomach.

*****

The tide turned quickly, for Katarin's men were practically acting as human shields. The king lay groaning on the ground, bleeding heavily, but had obviously bound his wound and was slowly recovering enough.

"Take out the guards, and leave him to me...try and distract the civilians afterward. I don't want to be known as the man who killed Katarin. I just want him dead."

No one spoke aloud, and seconds later arrows were fired just so, so that armor was breached. The soliders fell to the ground without even a cry, and Katarin struggled to his feet. He spit a mouthful of blood onto the ground, and glared right at Lincoln--as the rest of the rangers were instantly gone.

The Bounty Hunter jumped off the building and restrained himself from being fancy, because a flip would cause him a face plant and no doubt a blow to his plump belly. Lincoln drew his other dagger and sauntered over, as more chaos started reining. He was glad the king was wounded, because right now he was exhausted himself, so that mean they were about even in skills.

"You could have just complied...." Katarin wheezed, he almost sounded like he was pleading, "You could have been mine. I would have taken fine care of you. We could have been happy..."

Lincoln was glad no one was spectating anymore. They were all to busy trying to put fires out. "You're not mine, and never will be. If you knew who Valkyrie was, why would you even let him near me?"

"I can't stop or see everything. I had no idea you'd be marked his so quickly, or expecting his offspring," the king snarled holding his bloody side.

"You killed my family to make me closer to you...I finally figured it out, and because of that you are going to pay."

"The black out Lincoln...." Katarin pleaded, not yet drawing his sword, "Do you remember it."

"That's just it! I don't remember anything! From the time I was nine until ten. Then I awoke and was transferred into the kingdom's possession."

"You are almost a century old Lincoln, you are the purest half fae there is. The babies you are going to have are going to have power like nothing else. They are perfect for continuing a throne."