Fleeing

Valkyrie watched as his mate turned inward. The pain of being rejected had completely stolen every bit of his fiery and bold temperament. They had left two weeks ago, and were nearing the farm house. Lincoln hadn't spoken at all. The mourning had been gone for a while, and it was replaced by anger, which he kept buried deep inside. The warrior didn't like his mate's silence. It was never a good thing. And to deal with the silence for two weeks was unbearable.

Their saddle bags were extremely light. Nothing more than a few cloths, weapons, and food. Valkyrie knew they traveled light because even though Lincoln had been shunned with a bounty over his own head, the smaller man still had hopes of returning to his beloved apartment someday. To walk over it's smooth floors. To sleep in the clean silk sheets. To sit by the dazzling fire. Or to even cook in the spectacular kitchen.

The warrior also knew his mate wanted to be in the city again some day. It was clean and lovely, and had lots of trouble for the Bounty Hunter to chase after. The people for the most part were pleasant, and it was a central trade city during the summer with every thing imaginable being brought in.

The Bounty Hunter suddenly dismounted his pony. He clicked his tongue as he began strolling ahead, the small horse following quietly. Valkyrie raised his eyebrows but didn't do likewise. He didn't talk just followed quietly. That was until they reached the city, and he broke the terrible silence for the first time in two weeks.

"Why don't you head to the market and pick up some food? I'll take the horses to the little cottage, and rub them down, then move some things into the house."

"Fine," Lincoln growled, tossing the warrior a fierce glare. Valkyrie kept his face neutral and just watched his mate continue walking at a near war pace.

"Do you have any family? We could perhaps visit them...."

"Shut the fuck up," Lincoln snapped, kicking up a puff of dry dirt. "Just keep your damn mouth shut why don't cha?"

Valkyrie wisely didn't respond. He knew talking would only make things worse and he really didn't want that on his poor pregnant mate, who was already going through enough stress. So he watched Lincoln stroll along angrily. His boots covered in dust, his trench coat swaying sinisterly, and his massive brimmed hat hanging from his back by strings swing back and fourth.

A small smile was on the blue eye warriors face. Lincoln had a delicate hand on his growing rather plump stomach, and the way he walked wasn't a waddle but it was rather cute. Without warning a dagger was hurled at the warrior's head.

"Stop watching my ass, you fuck face!"

"I wasn't...."

"That wasn't a conversation starter, shut up!"

Valkyrie growled and ground his teeth, before dropping to his own feet and clicking his tongue as well. "How about you fucking treat me with some damn respect," he snapped advancing on the smaller man, and Lincoln whirred to face him right as a trail of smoke came into view.

"Or what!?" Lincoln screamed back, "You gonna fucking leave me as well!? Well why don't you! I don't need you! I don't need the king! I don't need anyone!"

Valkyrie sighed and crossed his arms, "Throwing harsh words and little insults aren't going to ever make me want to leave you."

"Well I want you to go! I want to be left the fuck alone! You caused this! You caused me to be shunned by my own damn king! You knocked me up! You ruined my life! HOW CAN YOU CALL YOURSELF MY MATE, WHEN YOU DID THIS TO ME!? " Tears were near spilling down the Bounty Hunter's tight face but he reined them in.

Valkyrie winced and took a step forward, only to have another dagger thrown at him. "I'm not kidding Valkyrie," Lincoln snarled savagely at him. "Leave."

"Lincoln you need to...." Another dagger was hurled, and Valkyrie had to duck it.

"I HATE YOU!" Lincoln snarled, "FUCKING GO ALREADY!"

So the warrior did with a shake of his head. "Fine. Try and get your head out of your ass, while you are at it." He put one foot in the stirrup then swung his other up and over. He kicked his horse into a canter the opposite way. Yes he was leaving. But no, not permanently. Lincoln needed to be alone, and he would come back for his mate. He would never leave the smaller man, even if Lincoln tried to kill him.