The Fight

The Bounty Hunter was more ridged then a damn barbed wire fence and he couldn't help it, as he shot yet another arrow at the horse back riders. "Get ready!" he screamed at his fellow helpers--so glad he had made friends on other missions.

The only thing he could hope for was for his arrows to scare them off, because right now their formation was packed with impenetrable shields--at least from this distance. Without warning he saw a flicker then an arrow was returned, whirring right past his head. Lincoln ducked and swore. All too soon the king was going to be barging into the city. There was no defense other than the pathetic little wall wooden- six feet wide-- wall they perched on, that was mainly there to keep vermin out.

"I don't want to die," Lincoln whimpered to himself, especially not when he was so swollen with life. He looked down at his teeming stomach again and snarled, there had to be something he could do.

Without warning a new streak flew at the on coming horses, it seemed golden, but was quickly red as it went right though the armor of the leading horse. The massive brown being crumbled with a scream upsetting the entire little convoy.

Lincoln frowned, jerking his head to search for who had shot that arrow. There was nothing though, so he spit on the ground, and loaded another arrow. A few seconds after, he was killing an uncovered soldier with a rueful smile. That was until, the babies sent his stomach into a jumble, and he really had to urinate.

Lincoln snarled at his stomach, as he crouched low holding it with his hands. "Lincoln!" a ranger shouted at him. "You okay?"

"Fine! It was a fucking damn close arrow though!" He snapped back, then gaping, "Look out Katarin is charging!"

Only three of the strange mysterious golden arrows were fired by the time the King charged in into the pitiful town. "I know you're here you damn Bounty Hunter! Give up!" he screamed, the villagers throwing themselves out of the way of being trampled.

Lincoln knocked another arrow and fired. Right before impact--right into the fuckers neck--Katarin snapped his head around and swatted it away. He gave a chuckle, and reined in his horse. The massive brown haired man then dismounted in a fluid motion and drew his sword. "No one get's hurt if you give me what I want!"

The villagers who had only managed to get out of the way now stood petrified staring at him. Never before had he made an appearance atop the massive war horse of his, especially informal with an act of war.

"I'm looking for a man named Lincoln. He's not hard to miss."

The rangers on Lincoln's team turned their heads toward him. Lincoln shook his head, "I have done no wrong," he hissed.

As if able to hear him Katarin began talking, "This man means something very dear to me, for he has taken what was rightfully mine."

Lincoln snapped another arrow in his direction, but again he dodge. Katarin now also had him locked on, so Lincoln swore at him. "You fucking fiend! Leave me the fuck alone! I worked for you for years! Just leave me be, you goddamn fucking lunatic! I will not be your mate! Will not be you wife! Go fuck hell, why don't cha!?!"

Katarin merely laughed at him, "Come on now Lincoln, don't make this harder than it has to be, you know what I want."

Without warning a mysterious golden arrow slammed into Katarin's side. The king collapsed to the ground and Lincoln bolted from his spot to finish him. He was to slow though and the rest of the convoy came dashing into the city. Lincoln narrowly dodged, and dashed down a dark alley, his ranger friends follow. He broke into the first vacant house and leaned on his hands and knees panting.

"I need to kill him...."

"Kill the king! You told us this was a raid! Lincoln what the hell did you do!?" Randy demanded.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you, but please you have to trust me, I haven't done anything."

The lead ranger put his head in his hands, "I'm not going to die for this bullshit. I don't know what you did, but you must have done wrong, for him to fucking come after you in person. I'm sorry Lincoln." Randy suddenly lunged, and grabbed the Bounty Hunter. Lincoln screamed, and thrashed, then launched himself into attack mode.

Within seconds Randy was lying unconscious, his head smashed by Lincoln's and his nose bloody from the Bounty Hunter's punch. Lincoln spit and cracked his knuckles, before looking at his other friends, "Please don't fight me. I can't...." he begged, "I..I...please," he finished with a whimper.

Heavy sighs were given, as the small group looked back and fourth, "For what it's worth, Katarin is a crazy ruthless bastard, and we deserve a knew king. What do you want us to do?'