I Am Here

After Lincoln had fallen into a heavy slumber, he began to shiver, and his breathing became incredibly hard. Without knowing it he had become alone and scared, and had began to whimper as well. As he was caught in the swathes of sleep, he began to realize just how much he had liked Valkyrie. Even if they were always fighting, and had only known each other for a few days at max. There was something odd about the warrior that was drawing Lincoln's feeling's towards him as he slept. Without knowing it his whimpers had turned to the warriors name.

A warm body wrapped around his, and Lincoln's rugged breathing caught and he jerked awake. Valkyrie was cuddling him. "What are you doing?" The Bounty Hunter snapped, face growing read.

"I heard you whimpering," Valkyrie replied softly, and Lincoln frowned.

"Why are you...?"  He gestured to the warrior's body wrapped around his own. Valkyrie actually smiled at him, his teeth just as perfect as his face.

"Because, you're cold and sick and I caused this."

"I thought you were gone."

"Not yet."

"Can you let me go?" Lincoln asked squirming slightly. He didn't like this. This closes was all to new to him and he wasn't sure if he liked it--even if he was now warm.

"No," Valkyrie responded, holding the Bounty Hunter tighter, even throwing a leg over Lincoln's legs as well.

"Just don't get to comfortable," Lincoln growled. Valkyrie just snuggled him closer, putting his chin in the crook of the Bounty Hunter's neck.

"I'll try not to," the warrior teased, and Lincoln rolled his eyes. He was to sick for this. He couldn't fully grasp what was going on, and he thought perhaps it was a hallucination. Whatever it was. He didn't mind it. It had been a long time since anyone had held him, had loved him. "Try to sleep," Valkyrie murmured.

"Wake me at dawn...." Lincoln responded, and went limp. It took him not more than a few seconds to fully be under, and not responsive, as well as clueless of everything around him. Moments like these were rare, he had never felt safe enough, even when he was sick.

*******

Lincoln was out for three days. His breathing had varied, and was difficult but the Bounty Hunter had never awoken. He jerked awake now, and sat up. Studying the sun beaming through the uncovered windows, then his surroundings, and taking metal note, he realized how long it had been.

"You're okay...I took a report to the king for you." Valkyrie appeared from the bathroom, and sat at the edge of the bed. He reached out a hand and put it on Lincoln's forhead. The smaller man slapped it away, threw off the covers, and began pacing, despite Valkyrie's protests to take it easy.

"What's going on?" Lincoln snapped.

"I've gotten some information about our target, and like I said reported...."

"Not the damn king you dumb bastard!" Lincoln screeched, "US!?"

The massive warrior was on his feet. "Stop insulting me," he snarled his dark blue eyes blazing.

"Then answer me!" Lincoln stamped his foot, then ran a hand through his short hair, that was starting to become greasy.

"You already know the answer," Valkyrie purred, "You're my mate."

Lincoln gagged, and threw him the middle finger. "I'd like how you're so confident in that." He stepped forward, and stabbed his index finger into the middle of the warrior's broad chest, "Because, I'm not to sur...."

Valkyrie threw his arms around the Bounty Hunter, surged forward and kissed him. Lincoln was so dazed he let himself be kissed. "You're. Mine." Valkyrie growled pulled back, and cupping the Bounty Hunter's face.

Lincoln shot out his foot and kicked the warrior in the groin, "DON"T EVER KISS ME AGAIN!" He screamed as Valkyrie dropped to his knees with a groan. With a wink he traced his finger across the jawline of the warrior, "Because if you do, I will kill you." His face was cheerful, but his eyes were dead serious and had a murderous glint.

"I'm sorry...I shouldn't have moved so fast...." Valkyrie wheezed, studying Lincoln's  now flaming brown eyes, that actually appeared on fire because of the sunlight hitting them. At that moment the warrior knew what kind of personality Lincoln had, and that he was going to need to take things slower, and wait for acceptance.

"Damn right you shouldn't have, not tell me how your so confident that I'm the one."

"Scent..." Valkyrie groaned, "I just know it. I just feel it."

"Why don't I feel anything?" The Bounty Hunter demanded though deep down his heart had sped up since day one, just looking at Valkyrie.

"You will," Valkyrie winked, "Oh I know you will."