A Long Road

The Bounty Hunter didn't say anything to Valkyrie as he silently strapped his bow to his back, and put on his broad rimmed hat. He grabbed his daggers, goggles and threw on some boots, after which he strapped his daggers to his body.

"Come on, we should get going," he grabbed his satchel, and swung that over his shoulder as well. It was loaded with spare arrows, some soap, a tiny stitching kit, money, and some bandages.

"Lincoln..." Valkyrie whispered softly, gently reaching for his bag, and then stuffing his things into it, especially the watertight food containers that would keep their baby healthy, on this long trip.

The Bounty Hunter ignored him, and turned on heel, "I better see you in the stable in a few minutes, or I will leave without you."

******

The blue eyed warrior didn't bother trying to talk to the upset Bounty Hunter as they mounted their horses. The smaller man a cute little paint pony, and Valkyrie on a massive black war horse--the horses were not helping Lincoln's mood. For him to be given a pony. It made his back ridged with anger, and a muscle in his jaw keep flicking. Valkyrie kept extra silent.

They rode in silence for about an hour, the sun still rising, before Lincoln abruptly halted his horse. He dismounted, and dashed to the grass and fell to his knees violently sick. Valkyrie immediately got off his horse to comfort his mate, but by the time he reached Lincoln the Bounty Hunter had wiped his mouth, and was striding back to the pony.

"Get out of my way," Lincoln snarled his voice low and volatile. Valkyrie didn't move.

"Lincoln you need to talk." The warrior quickly learned how dumb it was to forget about Lincoln's compacted strength, as he flew to his ass with a swift uppercut.

"About what!?" Lincoln roared, "The fact I'm pregnant and by me not aborting it now means, I have to push it out of the one organ in my body I actually like! My dick!"

Valkyrie winced, "You will recover...."

"It's a goddamn baby! Explain to me how!" he paused to take a ragged breath, "Neither of us are giving him or her traits that will mean she is small! I've seen it before! Bigger parents equal big babies! I might not be your size but I'm not tiny either!"

The blue eyed warrior was on his feet now, and he managed to wrap Lincoln up in his arms. The smaller man began to sob. "Lincoln please, you can't kill our baby. I want to be a dad. I want a baby. I want a son or a daughter."

"I never said I was going to," Lincoln pushed himself out of Valkyrie's arms, and walked to his pony. "But I don't want to die either."

"We will find someone to help us...."

"Help with what!? I am not fair with the idea of someone trying to help get a baby from my body! To be precise, getting a baby from my body out of a pin hole!" Valkyrie wisely didn't respond. He didn't have the words to comfort his mate because he didn't want to be in that position either. The unknowing of how it was going to work out. If he was going to be fine, or if he was going to live but his masculinity gone, or if he would even make it at all.

Lincoln took a breath, "Enough of the baby for now. If it come down to it, we will find a contraceptive potion in a town, and deal with it then. For now though I want to be on the road. This is going to be a two week one way journey at the least. Then we have to find the prick. Then kill him. Then head all the way back."

Valkyrie nodded as he swung himself up into the saddle, and kicked his horse into a brisk trot as Lincoln did like wise. He smiled though to himself. On the returning way, his mate just might have a baby bump, and that excited the shit out of him for no good reason. It took away all the thoughts of the tyrant and their target and just put him in a good mood. Lincoln was pregnant, and he wanted the baby for now regardless of his own damn health for when it came. It was enough to make him smile wider in pride and love--so happy he had been blessed with a good mate.