Kiss of Death

After that day, no words had been spoken. Valkyrie was a impenetrable, emotionless wall. Lincoln didn't mind. He liked silence, he always had, even if it was tearing away at him. To push that aside though he focused on training. The warrior a disastrous mentor, mainly because he was so damn good. It bothered Lincoln to have to do workouts he never thought of. No wonder, Valkyrie had that amazing speed. No wonder he was death incarnate himself, though no so mysterious anymore.

"Stop looking like a dove with it's head in the clouds, Romeo," Valkyrie purred, his rich voice sending Lincoln jumping. He glared at the warrior.

"I was thinking how nice it would be to cram my dagger in your neck." The Bounty Hunter had spit back, as the lethal fighter circled him light on his feet, the frosted grass not even crunching very much. He leaned in, his war breath tickling the Bounty Hunter's ear.

"I'm sure you would just love to..." He skittered away before Lincoln could throw a punch, so the smaller man just steamed, his face not able to grow more red because of the frigid air, thankfully. It was the first Valkyrie had talked to him affectionately since that day.

It had been a full month to be precise since that day. Valkyrie didn't say or act out affectionately but his eyes were always full of it. And the way he always seemed to try and take danger completely away from the Bounty Hunter, or tried to menace and take it down a level at the least, or direct it away, was really annoying Lincoln.

The smaller man groan and dropped his dagger into the whitened grass. "And I didn't even have any whine or cheap alcohol." He could feel the warriors eyes burning into his backside, as he doubled over every so slightly from the cramping pain. He seemed to be getting them now more than ever. They weren't terrible and didn't last long, nor more than a few days, but...but were always there. Hopefully he didn't have a tumor, or something from a foe that he had missed imbedded inside him--for once he had a fragment of a knife in his shoulder that had need refraction, and that had been a bitch to go through.

"Are you alright?" Valkyrie asked gently, and Lincoln eased his stance at once, forcing down his pain and standing up straighter.

"Fine," he growled out, and a few seconds later the pain went away all together. He gave a heavy sigh, and shook his head. Thankfully the brute didn't pressure though his blue eyes sparkled with the outmost worry.

"Resume then..." Lincoln at once picked up his daggers, and eased back into fighting stance. Valkyrie now would dash at him from an exposed side, to force the Bounty Hunter to get into using more than his eye sight to tell if he was about to be attacked, and then he'd have to counter it in time. The smaller man actually caught on quickly, his skin would tingle when a force was to close, and his naturally quick reflexes easily allowed him to act.

Without warning, another spasm hit him right as Valkyrie attacked. The brute had decided to full force this time, and his fist collided with Lincoln's ribs. The blow knocked the air from him, and caused him to land on his ass. On the crisp ground he just groaned, and held his side--the cramping seeming like a phantom pain to what his ribs were screaming at him.

"Goddamn you, Valkyrie," he moaned, as the warrior instantly crouched down next to him. His face struggling not to read worry but hopelessly failing.

"I'm sorry, I should have pulled back." Valkyrie put one massive scarred hand on Lincoln's shoulder and then gripped the Bounty Hunter's forearm with his other. He pulled the smaller man into a sitting position. Lincoln just continued to gasp and choke for breath, while Valkyrie twitched his nose and leaned in, scenting him, his face filled with confusion, and then a slight smile on his mouth.

"Goddammit, don't gloat you bastard!" The smile fell instantly and Lincoln new at once it wasn't directed because of his pain. It was for something else though he didn't know what.

"I'm going to do something...don't kill me," Valkyrie said softly, and Lincoln frowned at him, after finally catching his breath.

Slowly the massive warrior leaned in, and then kissed the Bounty Hunter right on the lips. Lincoln didn't shoot back, but let himself be kissed, for it sparred something in him. Ripped open a chamber buried deep in his--suppose to be emotionless--body. It was a gorgeous feeling, and soothed him. Powerful yet delicate. He smiled as the warrior pulled away slowly, his hand trailing the Bounty Hunter's jawline.

"You should be grateful I don't kill you." Lincoln growled forcing down his emotions, but the handsome fighter had him smiling once again, as the brute's perfect face was twisted into a drop dead beautiful smile with his perfect white teeth matching his sparkling auburn hair, and dazzling blue eyes.

"I should, because I thought that was going to..." Valkyrie shook his head, his smile growing, "Because if damn, that was the most perfect kiss I've ever had."

Lincoln rolled his eyes, and without warning the warrior pulled him into a smothering hug, the brute's massive body wrapping around his like a glove. The Bounty Hunter didn't thrash though, as Valkyrie put his chin on Lincoln's narrow yet muscular shoulder, and breathed into his ear. "You are utterly mine, Lincoln, and don't even try and deny it."