The Twins

Lincoln held his mate's hand tightly. He didn't like the white remote thing, she suddenly pressed against his stomach. His other hand was holding the side of his stomach, but could easily grab a knife.

"So what was it you wanted to know?"

"Do you think I can survive having them?" he questioned, studying the grey black and white screen. He could see two little shapes, but he had no idea what they were.

She studied him, "You mean naturally?"

"Well how else would I have them?"

"There's this new type of method, for when babies get stuck. We cut the mother open...." Lincoln shook his head cutting her off, and gripped Valkyrie's hand harder.

"Can I have them naturally?"

She didn't reply for a really long moment. She didn't reply until after two quick beating hearts were audible and Lincoln gaped. He could hear their heartbeats. Strong and fast. Valkyrie kissed his cheek again.

"Can I?" The Bounty Hunter asked worriedly.

She nodded slowly, "I think so."

"What do you mean you think so?"

"I have not been around long enough to help..." she tapped his plump stomach making it jiggle slightly. He snarled at her. "Someone gifted like you to have a baby."

"I have miss carried before."

"How'd it come out...."

"Well...." Lincoln scratched his head, and studied his stomach, "Not my ass. It hurt like a bitch too." Valkyrie rolled his eyes dramatically.

"That's what I was afraid of."

"What do you mean."

"Neither way works to good. You risk getting the babies terribly sick one way, and damaging your digestive system and the other way...well...you kinda destroy what makes you a male, and your birth canal is going to be tiny, or at least during the final stretch."

"But it is possible right?"

She nodded, "Well you couldn't get pregnant if it wasn't possible. My biggest thing would be try to have a lot of sex before you have them."

Lincoln quirked an eyebrow, and Valkyrie laughed--a rich purr. "Elaborate," Lincoln spit.

Her blue eyes rolled dramatically, she didn't even look phased. "It would be your best chance at making ya know...your birth canal bigger."

"Oh...." Lincoln sputtered, catching on. He then cleared his throat, and crossed one toned calf and ankle over the other. He rubbed his belly were there was no goo, and changed topic. "So can you really tell me what they are?"

She smiled and nodded. Valkyrie gave a whine though, "Come on Link, can't it be a surprise?"

"I might not live to get to know what they are." A heavy depressed sigh came, and Valkyrie reluctantly nodded--Lincoln's point though depressing was very accurate.

"Well..." the advanced midwife smiled, "they are both the same gender."

"Boys?" Lincoln asked, shifting uncomfortably as one moved to a painful location. The medic put a sturdy had on his pledging stomach, and did something then moments later the pain was relieved.

Her beautiful dark blue eyes met his and she shook her head. His heart dropped, then sped up with happiness. Twin girls. His very own twin girls. He smiled shakily at her, and forced back his tears as they rushed at him.

Valkyrie did it though, when he leaned down and kissed Lincoln on the lips then kept their foreheads touching and smiled his perfect smile. "I'm so proud of you Lincoln. We're going to have twin girls...." he didn't finish because the Bounty Hunter burst out sobbing. Within seconds he was sitting beside Lincoln and holding him tightly, one massive arm around him and another caressing the plump belly that was carrying the babies.

The smaller man cried into the warrior's chest. Tears of sheer joy. Something he had never done before. "Twin girls..." Lincoln sobbed, gripping Valkyrie's hand. "Our very own little baby daughters."