Not as Bad as It Seems.

"At least I know you follow the king's orders, like a good little puppy." Valkyrie laughed at Lincoln. The Bounty Hunter frowned, and gave him the finger.

"Well, good to know your still a dick. I thought after yesterday, we had parted ways. I even celebrated." To his disbelief his words actually brought a look of sadness over the warriors face--pure and genuine not mocking.

After a moment Valkyrie frowned back, "Fine just for that we can start with running. Come along."

"What if I don't want to run?"

"Why don't you just listen to my orders, and not talk? It will cause both of us less grief, and I won't end up killing you."

Lincoln gave him a blank face, and rolled his eyes, "Like you'd really kill me."

"I might. Now go, three laps around the game reservation. I'll even run one with you," Valkyrie made a move to start jogging but when Lincoln crosses his arms, the massive man grabbed his wrist. "If I have to shoot arrows and knives at your feet the whole way I will," he snarled shoving the smaller Bounty Hunter in front of him.

"Oh go fuck a tree, you son of a bitch," Lincoln cursed, before breaking into a brisk trot. Running for him had always been easy. Maybe he'd even tire the massive brute out.

Valkyrie didn't retort as he fell into stride beside Lincoln. The smaller man having to take two to three steps for everyone of the warriors. "So, why am I running? I thought you are my trainer? I thought I'd be learning to kill people."

"For every snobbish or asinine retort, you will run."

Lincoln rolled his eyes, "Whatever you say," he replied keeping the smugness from his voice. By now Valkyrie was already breathing heavily. "But how about some friendly completion, to prove to me you really are as good as you like to portray."

"And that would be?"

"Race me around the game reserve. We are on our first lap and have two to go, can you beat me?"

"Without a doubt." Valkyrie increased his stride length pulling away from Lincoln. The smaller man rolled his eyes, then broke into a very brisk trot, easily catching up to Valkyrie.

The reservation was a huge clearing around the lake, with small shrubs, and lined by trees. Each lap had to be nearing a mile on it's own. Halfway through the second one Valkyrie started to falter. Lincoln was hardly phased and passed him.

"I'll even slow down for you," he jeered at the massive man, "Wouldn't want for some of your ego to be broken now would we?"

Valkyrie took two to massive strides and tried to smack Lincoln on the back of the head. The smaller Bounty Hunter had already danced out of the way. "Looky you, getting all tired," he laughed, "Your not to good at running are you?"

"Keep talking and you will be running all day."

"I wouldn't care, I've ran far more than this." Valkyrie didn't reply, just scowled. Lincoln smiled smugly. Valkyrie none. Lincoln one.

The third lap, the massive warrior was sounding near death on. HIs breath was ragged, and he was sweating. He didn't slow though. Lincoln glowered at that though. He wanted to completely best the massive bastard with running.

To his surprise on the final leg, Valkyrie took off into a run. Lincoln, who was a bit ahead, threw himself into full speed as well, but for every stride he took, the warrior doubled it. Lincoln was just about the cross the finish line, when Valkyrie grabbed him and threw him to the ground before prancing over it himself.

"That's how it's done," the warrior jeered.

"Fuck you, you blood bastard, you damn well cheated."

"Give me fifty push ups."

"No, I came here to fight. Not join Valkyrie's pathetic fucking outdoor gym."

"Fine we can fight..." The massive blue eyed man lunged at once, and Lincoln just barely dodged. He'd left his hat, trench coat, and boots and home, his whole trade mark apparel, and most weapons included, at home. With him were spares so he had no worry about damaging anything in this stupid little skirmish.

From the way Valkyrie circled him, Lincoln could pick up the bigger man knew not to get into a ground work tussle with the Bounty Hunter for it would end badly for him.

Valkyrie threw a haymaker making Lincoln dodge to one way, but then threw the opposite hand punch and caught him in the jaw. The brute warrior was incredibly quick to pin Lincoln who had fallen on his ass.

On the ground Lincoln thrashed back, and connected his closed fist to Valkyrie's nose before the warrior could fully pin him. Afterward he threw his legs around the warrior's torso, as the man flinched backwards. Pushing with his arms he launched his upper half toward the warrior.

Valkyrie plowed backwards, and landed with a thud in the dirt. Lincoln by then had him in a choke hold--one hard to maintain since Valkyrie's neck was so thick.

"Aren't you suppose to have legendary skills?" Lincoln jeered into the warriors ear as he tightened his choke hold, causing the brute to choke and gag.

"Let go of me..." Valkyrie sputtered, and the Bounty Hunter gave a slight laugh.

"Fine..." The brute warrior grunted, then grabbed Lincoln's hair, and punched him in the ribs. It was enough for his hold on the brute to falter, and he was tore off a second later. Now he received a light punch to his temple only enough to daze him, and then was pinned. The massive warrior sitting on his stomach, his knees digging into Lincoln's thighs, and his massive hands choking Lincoln.

"Oh....I've got an idea what to do with you now," he sneered then switched his hold on Lincoln and dragged the dazed Bounty Hunter to his feet--dragging him to the water's edge.

"I--I-I c-can't swim!" Lincoln howled, thrashing madly but unable to break free. What inspired the bastard to take things this far.

"Sure you can't...." he hauled Lincoln off the ground and then threw him into the air. The smaller Bounty Hunter splashed right into the center of the lake, immediately sinking despite his thrashing.