The Warrior and His Knowledge of a Baby

After that night, Lincoln never concealed his feelings towards the warrior anymore. Valkyrie liked that, he could kiss, and grab, and snuggle the smaller adorable man whenever he wanted, though Lincoln hadn't let them make anymore love to each other.

Valkyrie understood that though, they had a tyrant to kill in just one more day, and it had only been five days ago since their big night. The warrior smirked as he twirled one of the sleeping Bounty Hunter's adorable curls. On that night, Lincoln had seduced Valkyrie into allow them to flip rolls, with Lincoln mating him. Valkyrie would never allow the smaller man to know, just how fun that had been as well, the way Lincoln could make him scream.

Lincoln suddenly twitched his nose. He made a gurgling sound, then shot up. He looked around in a terrified manner before sprinting to the bathroom. He threw up violently, and Valkyrie's heart stopped beating. Valkyrie swore violently, as his visions spun in horror.

He could smell it on his mate now, a milky scent (even though he'd never be able to nurse the baby), and though he couldn't pick up a fetal heartbeat he knew what was going on. He had knocked Lincoln up. He had knocked up his mate, and now they had to kill a tyrant. Valkyrie put a hand over his mouth, as tears flew down his face, and he began to shake. It was all his fault, Lincoln was going to hate him.

Lincoln came out of the bathroom, a delicate hand on his toned bare stomach, his eyes equally watery and then he belched. "I'm sorry," he apologized, then took in the sight of Valkyrie sobbing softly, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry..." he whimpered, "I don't know what came over me, I'm so sorry," he sobbed, "please don't hate me I must have eaten something I shouldn't have."

"It's not you," Valkyrie choked,  breathing in the changed scent of his mate."It's all my fault..." he got to his feet. He needed to find a contraceptive tonic, and figure out a way to administer it to Lincoln before his mate caught on what was growing in his stomach. That way the baby could be rid off--absorbed back--before Lincoln would actually have to push out a tiny form.

"Don't leave..." Lincoln cried, falling to his knees--not because of fear though, because of how weak he was. He should be, he was a male, and he was in the first trimester of a pregnancy. And though the baby, probably not even a baby yet, was taking so much out of him. No wonder Lincoln had been so fatigued all of yesterday.

Valkyrie was at once at his side, his tears gone. He gently picked up his Bounty Hunter, his precious mate, his precious pregnant mate. He kissed Lincoln's temple, before laying him on the bed.

"You're going to need to tell the king," Lincoln paused as, Valkyrie rubbed his toned core and then kissed it, Lincoln shrugged it off assuming Valkyrie was trying to comfort him--not say goodbye to their baby. "That I'm going to need a few days...something's terribly wrong with me...Valkyrie please you're scaring me, stop with all the tenderness.."

Valkyrie stopped at once and buried his face against the smaller mans tone stomach, and then shifted himself so his body was position between Lincoln's legs, and his arms were around Lincoln's torso. "I'll deal with it for you, love," he murmured against the Bounty Hunter's soft skin.  Lincoln stroked Valkyrie's head gently, twirling his auburn hair.

"Thanks....bring me home some pineapple..."

"I will...." Valkyrie couldn't stop himself as his mouth forced out a question," Link...."

"Yea?"

"Incredibly random and all...but what's your view on a baby?"

"I love them...Valky" His reply had Valkyrie's heart stopping again with hope. "But I'm not ready for my own, so don't head to the orphanage anytime soon."

"I won't, Link..." he lifted his head, away from the toned stomach that was carrying his off spring. He willed himself to not tear up, and then sat up straighter, swinging his legs off the side of the bed. "I'll be back by noon, you just rest. I'll bring you something that will make you feel better...." he trailed off and Lincoln nodded with heavy eyelids then fell asleep.

Kissing the Bounty Hunter's forehead, and one last pat to his mate's stomach, Valkyrie grabbed his twin swords and headed out with a heavy heart and crying soul. He wanted that baby. Wanted it more than anything. But there was no chance he could have it, so he would accept that fate, and do what was best for him and his mate.