The Foreign Land

Lincoln had more of a spring in his step after that day. Afterward they returned home, with something actually called a picture which showed the twins, and put new silk sheets on the bed a tidied up the farm house--even if they were leaving the next day and wouldn't be back for possibly years.

"You know," Lincoln said, as he mounted two cheap crossed daggers over the mantel, to give the old farm house a more cozy feeling. "I'm almost going to miss this place. So much happened in this sad little town."

"We can always return."

Lincoln nodded. "We will be," his voice grew to a growl. "Because I will kill Katarin, I swear my life on it."

Valkyrie didn't respond at first, he just nodded his head. "If that is your wish, I will be by your side."

Lincoln nodded, then pulled up his shirt, exposing his protruding stomach, and rolled his eyes with a smirk. "I'm just a wee bit to fat right now."

Valkyrie smiled, and wrapped an arm around the smaller man, patting his stomach affectionately. "No your not."

"Like hell I'm not, pretty soon I'll be able to render people unconscious by hitting them in the head with my gut," the Bounty Hunter actually chuckled for the first time in days, a wicked playful smirk on his face. The first time Valkyrie had ever seen him act that way--not like a grudge full asshole.

Valkyrie kissed his temple, "I like you so much better when you don't hate everyone and everything."

Lincoln shoved playfully in the chest, "Shut up, you I'm so Mr. Perfect Ass Face, with my fucking perfect teeth, face, temperament, and life."

Valkyrie kissed the Bounty Hunter on the cheek for a long moment, "Things were no where as near perfect, until I met you."

"Ah...bullshit," Lincoln laughed--secretly loving Valkyrie's reply. "I repel everyone, and kill people for a living. I'm not the greatest sap for romance."

"But I like you like that...you are certainly feisty and provide quite the challenge," The warrior purred, "I'm glad I have a tough mate, who isn't afraid of the world, and can protect himself and our babies."

Lincoln batted his eyes dramatically, allowing the warrior, to hold his stomach and rest his chin on his shoulder. "My best attempt at a sappy reply is, having a guy as a mate isn't so bad."

Valkyrie gave a huff, and nuzzled Lincoln's neck, "You're going to need to work on that."

Lincoln shrugged, "Romance isn't in my nature. I just explained that to you."

"Seems like it is though, in the bed," Valkyrie responded, and Lincoln snorted.

"Oh no, honey," Lincoln laughed--his voice a rich purr right back, "I'm not in the mood, besides if you got me pregnant having sex you probably could scar them now."

"As you demand, would you prefer something else then....?" Valkyrie prompted, and Lincoln nodded.

"As a matter of fact yes, I would love to go battle train. Having a weight gain is doing me no wonders on my agility." Lincoln responded totally understanding Valkyrie's supple prompts but ignoring them completely.

The warrior gave a whine, then turned Lincoln around, bent down and kissed his belly, before pulling the Bounty Hunter's shirt over the swollen bump gently. "As you demand," Valkyrie sighed straightening up, his massive hand's still on his mate's belly.

Lincoln pulled away, taking off his trench coat, and just wearing his tight black shirt as he grabbed his daggers and strapped them to his thighs. He wasn't terribly fat, but there was a noticeable little baby bump, that Valkyrie couldn't stop smiling about.