Confusion

"There is no term for gay in the fae world, Lincoln. It doesn't exist." Valkyrie growled, clenching his hand's into his fists.

"Well in my world, there is. So no, I will not accept this. I'm...." Lincoln shook his head, not finishing his statement. "How'd you find me?

"Scent..." Valkyrie replied softly, his blue eyes glistening.

Lincoln snorted, "Am I making you cry?"

"You're suppose to accept me. You are half fae, you should understand the bond. You can't feel anything?"

The Bounty Hunter laughed and shook his head, "No I think you're crazy."

Valkyrie slapped the delicate saucer and tea cup out of Lincoln's hands. They flew across the room and shattered. The smaller man flinched, unable to stop himself, as the warrior threw himself to his feet, and gave a strangled scream--his breath ragged and body tensed.

"What is your problem, Valkyrie!? Stop acting like a lunatic!"

"You're suppose to love me! I thought by now...I though by now...now...I thought by now you would begin to feel the connection. To understand."

"You're a goddamn perfect warrior, and all you do is rub it in my face. You have perfect hair, eyes, body, fighting style, and you're a fucking jerk too! You threw me in a lake after you got so mad that I nearly beat you in a race!"

"I was trying to connect to you."

"Well maybe not try throwing the fact your gay in my face right now! That you were trying to connect to me!" Lincoln's voice was shaky and weak. He was utterly exhausted and he wanted the warrior to leave and take his bullshit with him.

Valkyrie shook his head, "Please...." he begged, running a hand through his longer hair, that was down to his ears, "Just try and understand."

"Leave...please," Lincoln responded, "I don't feel well enough for craziness right now." Valkyrie did as he asked, and left without another word, closing the door behind him softly.

The minute he was gone the Bounty Hunter felt relief, yet at the same time a pit of hollowness opened in his chest. He assumed it was because of the infection he was no doubt going to get in his lungs. So he snuggled further into his bed, pulling the covers around him.

Exhausted as he was, he couldn't sleep for a long while. He didn't realize it now, but something about the whole encounter with the 'fae' warrior had awoken something in him. It was a shred of pain. A shred of love. But he didn't know what it was, for he had never gone through this before.