Chapter 42

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday went.

Niall called me 127 times in total and texted me 209 messages.

I didn't answer at all the first day.

Day 2, Wednesday, I replied to his text message and told him I was going abroad for one week.

I hadn't eaten any real meal, all I ate were cereals.

I didn't know what to do without my mum. She was all I had. The only family I had.

I absolutely didn't know what to so. One man had left a voice call telling me that they were going to sell the house in two weeks. They also told me I had to either find my dad or live with my grandmother. She lived in Denmark which I totally didn't understand why.

Apparently she found one guy who she absolutely couldn't live a day without.

I guess I didn't really have a choice, but I really didn't want to move to Denmark.

--

I woke up by the doorbell. I didn't want to open so I didn't.

I just laid there in the couch looking out over the living room. It was toilet paper on the floor and lots of bowls on the table.

I closed my eyes and licked my dry lips wet.

I heard the door open.

Didn't I lock it? I blinked and sat up slowly.

"Hello" I heard.

I just groaned so they could hear where I was.

"Zoe" I spotted the one I never expected to come. How did he even knew where I lived?

"How did you know I was here" I whispered and looked up at him.

"I didn't but I guessed because, like, this is where you live" he shrugged and fixed his glasses nervously.

"Oh" I looked down to the floor. "How did you even get in?"

"Oh that" he coughed into his fist.

"I thought I locked the door" I said and tried to talk clearly.

"I found the extra key" he bit his lower lip.

"How did you find it" I looked up at him. "I mean, only me and.." I cut myself off and felt a tear falling down my cheek. "M-mum.. And.. Harry" I breathed.

Marcel fixed his hair and fingered with his hands nervously.

"Sorry, I forgot you're smart" I bit my lip.

"Actually, there's something I need to tell you" he took a deep breathe and took off his glasses then ruffled his hair so it got all messy.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

I squeezed my eyes and hit myself on the forehead a couple of times, then opened my eyes but no, nothing changed.

"Harry" I stared at him.

"I'm sorry" he ran his hand through his hair.

"No" I said. "No no no no" I couldn't breathe.

"Can you forgive me?" He asked.

"I-i" I stammered. "I think I can, actually" I said after thinking a while. Although I had done stupid things to him too.

He just smiled and put his hand on my knee.

"Can you forgive me?" I asked quietly.

"For what?"

"I kind of accused your for cheating" I looked away.

"Doesn't matter" he said quietly.

I took a deep breathe and closed my eyes.

"I just wanted to check on you, because, you weren't in school, you know" he said nervously and ran his hand through his waxy hair.

"Yeah" I wiped away a tear that fell down my cheek before he could see it.

"If you want to talk..?" He shrugged nervously.

"Thank you Harry" I nodded. "Can you..?" I asked and nodded towards the front door.

"Of course, but promise to call me if you need to talk, I don't know what has happened but maybe you should talk to someone?.." He said. "Maybe.. A therapist..? Or just your mum?" He asked and I bit my lip when he said the M word. I knew I couldn't hold in the tears anymore so I looked away.

"Yeah yeah" I whispered trying to sound alright.

"Is there something with your mum..?" He took a chair and sat down opposite me.

I sat up straightly in the couch and turned my wet face to him. He looked chocked but he didn't say anything about it.

"M-mum.. I-I.. D-d-didn.." I buried my face in my hands and took a deep breathe.

Harry just sat there and waited for me to say something.

"She's dead Harry.. She's dead" I burst out in tears and hugged my knees.

"Wha.." He started but I cut him off with a hug.

"She's dead she's dead she's dead" I repeated into his neck.

"D-don't worry it'll be okay" he said and hugged me back.

"It won't" I cried.

"It will." He said sharply and pushed away. He held his hands on my shoulders and nodded looking into my eyes. "It will" he repeated and hugged me once again.

"I'm not sure of what to do" I whispered.

"I will help you" he said.

"You can't Harry, you know, we aren't friends" I pushed away and sat down in the couch again.

"We can be friends if you want"

"I'm not sure Harry, I-" I cut myself off.

"You what?" He asked and licked his lip.

"I-I think I'm.." I started. "Im in love with you" I hit me several times in the head.

"What..." He just stared at me.

"I can't be friends with you because I'm dating niall" I whispered.

"..and you're in love with him too." Harry raised his eyebrows and sighed.

I nodded slowly and looked away.

"It's okay" he said. "I can take that"

"It's just.." I bit my lip. "I don't know if I can"

"I won't do anything stupid" he said quickly. "please let me be your friend"

---

A/N:

Please comment what you think I really wanna knoooow.