Chapter 12

I didn't call him. After our talk I didn't want to show that I was scared. Even though I was reeeeally scared I just couldn't call him.

I locked the door and got inside. I didn't take off my shoes in case it was someone in my house. I got upstairs, I checked my room, my mum's room, the toilet, the workroom. No one was there.

I got downstairs, I checked the toilet, the kitchen, the backyard, the hall, and last, the living room. No one was there either. I felt relieved.

I knew I was ridiculous checking every room in my house after a person who had no reason to come back.

Just then I remembered I hadn't checked if he ever stole something. I got to the hall and took off my shoes, then I got into the kitchen because that was where I first heard him. I looked around me but I didn't see anything missing. First then I realised I didn't know what we had in the kitchen and what we hadn't so I stopped pretending to be FBI.

I sat down in the living room and turned on the TV, it didn't go many minutes until I got interrupted. It was a text from my mum.

"Sorry I didn't answer earlier, I was at a meeting. That's fun for you! By the way, I think ill have to stay all night, it's a lot of work I have to do. I'm sorry baby girl, I hope you can take care of yourself. Love you lots Mum"

I sighed looked around me.

I wanted to call Niall so bad but I really didn't want to show I was weak and scared.

"Alright, see you tomorrow" I sent back to my mum. I put the phone on the table and leaned back on the couch.

I heard another tone from my phone. It was a text from Niall.

"Should I come?"

"No it's fine" I lied.

"You know I can tell by your face expressions that you lie ;) x" Niall sent back. I looked up from my phone and looked around me. The only possible way he could see my face was from the backyard. I got to the windows and looked out.

"I can't see you?" I sent back and heard a message tone from behind me. I swallowed and turned around. For a second I thought it was someone else than Niall but I was wrong. It was the first time ever I was happy that I was wrong.

"How did you get in here?" I stared at him and swallowed my fear.

"You didn't lock the door" Niall laughed and stepped closer to me.

"Yes I did" I stepped back from him and grabbed the doorknob still turned to Niall.

"Apparently you didn't because how would I come in if you did?" Niall asked.

"I double checked" I swallowed. I didn't know why but I was scared of Niall.

He stepped closer to me and put his hand in his pocket.

"W-what we you doing" I tried to open the back door but I couldn't.

I saw he took out something from his pocket but I couldn't see what.

My heart started beating fast. I couldn't really breathe fully and my thoughts were dizzy.

It took a few seconds and then everything went black.

I woke up by the sound of the bell. I was all sweaty and I breathed heavy. That was a weird dream, it felt like he was going to hurt me but I was happy I didn't have to stay there until I found out.

I took a deep breathe and got up. I grabbed my phone and went to open the door. I looked out and saw Niall. I opened the door slowly.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and tried to act normal with him after the nightmare I just had.

"You didn't answer my text so I got worried" Niall replied. "Can I come in?"

I looked down at my phone and saw the text I had got from Niall. "Should I come?"

I took a deep breathe and breathed out. I nodded quickly and let him in.

"Want something to eat? drink?"

"Beer" Niall replied seriously.

"are you se-"

"It was a joke, come on" Niall laughed. "I can take water." He sat down by the table.

"Sorry I didn't answer, I slept"

"Oh" Niall bit his lip. "Sorry I woke you up"

"Don't be" I smiled.

"No I shouldn't have come"

"Why not?"

"You were sleeping, and it is pretty late"

"Honestly it was only good you woke me up, I had a nightmare"

"Oh well, alright then" Niall smiled and I handed him a glass of water.

I sat down opposite him.

"By the way" Niall put the glass on the table. "Where's your mum?"

"At work" I shrugged.

"Are you sleeping here alone?" Niall raised his eyebrows.

"Well yeah?" I laughed.

"I would never let my kid sleep at home alone if someone broke into my house" Niall glared at me.

"Well she doesn't know" I hummed the last two words.

"She what?"

"Doesn't know" I hummed a little louder than the first time.

"Haven't you told her?!" Niall took a deep breathe. He sounded worried. I shook my head.

"When were you going to tell her then?"

"I was going to do it when she came home tonight but she stayed at work so.."

"Bu-" I cut him off.

"I don't want to tell her in a text message or via phone.

"So me and Harry are the only two people who know about this?"

I nodded.

"and the guy who broke into our house" I said and laughed.

"Not funny"

"It was funny"

"No it wasn't"

"Okay then"

"Only you.." Niall laughed at me. "..and Harry" he continued.

"Stop" I glared at him.

"Okay" Niall laughed. "But I'm just telling the truth"

I sighed loudly at his last comment. "You didn't have to say that"

"Yes I did" Niall kept laughing.

I shook my head but I couldn't avoid smiling. His laugh was so cute.

"Wait what's the clock?" I took up my phone. "Shit it's 1am we have to sleep"

"Was that an invitation to sleep here?" Niall smirked.

"Kinda" I shrugged.

"Alright, lets go to sleep"