Chapter 14

After a long day at the museum we finally ended. It had been pouring rain the whole day. My clothes were wet, my hair was ruined, my makeup was a disaster. I wished Niall had convinced me to not wear makeup today, then I wouldn't have had to worry about my face.

I got up to my room and put my bag on my bed. I closed the window which had been open the whole day. I got to the bathroom and took a towel. I dried my hair and cleaned my face. I hadn't noticed that the doorbell had been ringing for a while. I ran downstairs and opened the door.

"Ehm hi?" I said surprisedly. "What are you doing here?"

"I didn't help you put the mattress away this morning" Niall replied. Water drops were dripping from his hair.

"You didn't have to" I said showing with the hand to come in.

"I don't want to be rude" Niall ran his hand through his wet hair.

"It's not rude, I would've understand" I sighed.

"But also I had nothing to do and I wanted to meet you" Niall smiled cheekily.

"Why?" I raised an eyebrow and helped his take off his wet jacket.

"I don't know you're my only friend here" Niall laughed.

"But Harry and th-" I started.

"They aren't really my friends, at least they aren't as good as you" Niall looked down towards the ground.

I ran upstairs and took a towel. When I got downstairs again Niall was sitting in the kitchen.

"I'm sorry is it okay that I sit here?" Niall stood up and bit his lip.

"Why so nervous?" I laughed and handed him the towel. "Feel free to do anything, see it as your home"

"Wow really" Niall sat down again. "I mean I don't have to" he took the towel and dried his hair.

"You're my friend do whatever you want" I crossed the room and got to the sink. "Want anything?" Niall shook his head. "Oook" I took out a glass and filled it with water then got to the table and sat down opposite him.

It became silent. I bit my lip awkwardly.

"So what's you been up to?" Niall broke the silence. "I mean.. Now. After school" Niall scratched his neck awkwardly. "ye know"

"I've been home for about 10 minutes" I laughed. "Well I cleaned my face and dried my hair"

"Alright" Niall nodded and pursed his lips.

"I'm sorry but is anything wrong or?" I raised my eyebrows and took a sip of my water.

"No why?"

"You seem nervous?" I blinked.

"No I don't know why I'm being silly" Niall laughed. "I'm sorry"

"Now you'll have to be the one stop saying sorry" I laughed.

Niall smiled awkwardly.

"So should we take away the mattress so you can go home.. or?" I smiled.

"No.. I mean.. I don't have to leave" Niall shrugged. "But if you want to I can.. leave"

"I still don't understand what makes you so nervous, I mean this morning you weren't like this?" I looked at him wondering.

"Sorry I don't know what to say"

"Stop saying sorry you're doing nothing wrong?" I freaked out at how he acted. I wanted him to be the boy he had been the whole day.

"I'm learning from you" Niall laughed. "But I need to ask you something.."

"Alright what is it?" I looked him straight into his eyes.

"Do you think.. I-I'm ugly?" Niall sighed.

"Wait no, who said you were?" I stood up. If it's the one I think it is I will surely beat him up, he has no right to say that. I put my hand onto my forehead and sighed loudly.

"No one" Niall looked down towards the table.

"I know someone said it, I knew you didn't act like this for no reason"

"No I.." Niall cut himself off. "I mean, no one said it"

I started to freak out, why couldn't he just shout the name in my face I already knew who it was anyways. I bit my lip to not scream at Niall for not telling.

"You know what" I took a deep breathe. "You don't have to tell I know it was Harry" I continued.

Niall stared at me. I could tell he was afraid of something or someone.

"Wait did he threatened you too?!" I almost shout. I didn't want to scare Niall but if Harry even threatened to do something stupid I swear I would do anything.

Niall pursed his lips.

"Just wait here" I said and ran out of the kitchen. I took my jacket and put on my shoes, I didn't tie them because I was so upset right now.

I got outside, it was still raining. I shut the door with a big slam. I bit my lip and squeezed my eyes. I took a deep breathe and ran across the street. I heard the door open again.

"Zoe" Niall shouted.

I turned around and looked at him from the other side of the street. I squeezed my eyes a little because of the water that smashed to my face.

"He threatened to" I didn't hear the whole sentence that he said.

"I can't hear you" I shouted back and shrugged. The only thing I heard was the rain smashing onto the roof of all the houses.

I could see Niall running across the street. He stopped a few inches away from me.

"He threatened to hurt you" Niall bit his lip. His beautiful face was all wet and the hair was pointing in all different directions. I could see a drop falling on his cheek.

"Are you crying?" I asked. The rain had wetted my whole body, I couldn't find any spot that wasn't wet.

"please don't talk to Harry if he ever finds out I told you he will hurt you and I don't wanna loose you" Niall stroke my wet hair. "I know he's able to do a lot"

"yeah" I nodded. "Me too" I breathed. "But it's so weak of him to threaten you after 3 days in school, he has crossed the line" I sighed.

Niall just shrugged. He wasn't sure of what to actually say in this kind of situation.

"Plus we're just friends, why would he threaten you?!" I was upset, and really annoyed of Harry's way to be.

"Maybe he thought we were more than just friends" Niall shrugged. I saw he was becoming himself again. I actually never thought he was scared for real. Niall isn't that kind of guy. Or maybe he was?

----------------------

A/N: the next chapter will be up when I've got 50 votes and 10 comments from different people on THIS chapter. I'm sorry but it's bc no one is commenting sigh

xx Sofia