Chapter 24

I woke up by the alarm clock, the clock was nearly 7AM and it was a Monday morning. The weekend had gone so fast. I didn't do much more than hanging out with Niall.

I heard a few knocks at my bedroom door and I groaned. The door opened and my mum put in her head to look if I was dressed before getting in. I was still lying in bed so she just laughed at me and got inside.

"I need to go now hun" she sat down on my bed and stroke my head.

"I know" I sat up. "You should hurry"

"I just wanted to say goodbye and make sure that everything was fine" she gave me a tiny smile. "I bought food and it should be enough for two weeks" she stood up and turned around so I faced her back.

"Wait" I looked up at her. She turned around and smiled questioningly.

"Can I drive you to the airport?"

"I've already ordered a taxi.." She shrugged sadly.

"Can I at least come with you?" I blinked and stood up.

"Sure why not" she smiled big. "But hurry!" She got outside and closed the door.

I got to the closet and picked some random clothes. I drug off the shirt I was wearing and changed clothes quickly. I didn't put on makeup, I just brushed my hair quickly and got downstairs.

"Ill bring a sandwich incase of that I don't have time to eat later" I ran into the kitchen and made a sandwich then got outside and locked the door. Mum was already sitting in the taxi waiting for me to come. I got into the car and closed the door.

"How come you wanted to come with me to the airport? You didn't like me going away" mum looked at me.

"I wanted to say goodbye for real and I wasn't so nice to you this Friday and Im sorry for my bad behaviour this weekend" I looked at her seriously and sighed.

"It's alright I'd probably do the same" she smiled and gave me a quick hug.

When we got to the airport the taxi driver stopped just outside her gate. We got outside and I took out her bags while she was paying the driver.

"Well I guess ill see you in two weeks" I shrugged trying not to show how sad I was.

"Love you my wonderful daughter" she hugged me and I hugged her back. It felt so weird to hug her because she was much shorter than me. I smiled at the thought that I was actually taller than my mum. Before cutting off the hug i kissed her forehead.

"Love you too mumma" I smiled and waved goodbye as she got into the airport.

Now, how was I going to get home again? The taxi was already gone. I sighed, I should've remembered that I needed to get home again, or at least getting to the school. I looked at the clock and it was almost 8AM, the school started at 9AM. I had to get home in some way.

I wanted to call Niall but he was probably busy with something. Well, I had to give it a try because I couldn't get home any other way.

"Hi Zoe" Niall picked up almost the same second as I clicked the green button.

"Ha, hi!" I replied.

"What's funny?"

"Nothing, just that you picked up the same second I called you, it was like you had the phone glued to your hand" I laughed.

"Oh" Niall laughed awkwardly. "What's up?"

"I'm at the airport"

"What? Where are you going? I thought it was only your mum who was going away?!" Niall exclaimed worriedly.