Chapter 6

I couldn't stop thinking of that boy outside the book store. I couldn't put the finger on who he was but I could swear I'd seen him. Maybe I was sick? He didn't seem to remember me.. Maybe I had seen him on the street once or twice and just remembered his face.

I unlocked the door and got in to my house.

"Hello" I shouted. No answer. It must mean my mum worked late. I had to make dinner myself again. Sigh..

I wasn't really a good cooker but I decided to make something with pasta.

While I was waiting for the pasta to get ready to be eaten I sat down on the couch playing on my phone.

I sat there for a few minutes and totally forgot about the pasta so it got overcooked.

I sighed and tried to make the best out of it but the pasta didn't really want to be my friend.

It ended up with a ordering menu and a phone.

I decided to buy Chinese food instead of cooking. I wasn't really glad about the results I had had in cooking through life. Like come on, I was a 17 years old girl. I should've learned how to cook a long time ago.

I waited three tones before someone picked up.

"Welcome to Chinese Home made and Home driven, what would you like to order?"

I looked down at the menu thinking if what to order. "I'd like to have noodles with chicken"

"Okay, what taste?"

"Curry"

"Anything else?"

"Nope"

"Okay, what address do you live on?"

"Actually, I can come and get it myself"

"Sure it'll be done in about 10-15 minutes"

I heard a peep tone which meant he had hung up so I did the same.

I thought it would be nicer taking a walk instead if sitting home alone waiting for my food.

I looked out through the kitchen window and saw that it was pouring rain outside. I took my rain coat and my converses, then I grabbed my money and my key.

I double checked that the door was locked.

It took about 10 minutes to get to the Chinese restaurant. During my walk I looked down trying to hide my face from the rain.

It was pretty dark outside and it was a bit windy but I didn't care. All I wanted right now was my food.

When I got there I shook off all the rain drops from my coat.

I noticed a pair of black shoes before I looked up. The person walked closer to me and when he was only a few inches away I looked up.

"Why are you out so late?" I heard Harry ask with a raspy voice.

"I ask you the same"

"I asked first"

"I asked second" I stepped to the side and then walked by Harry. I stopped by the desk.

"Hi I have ordered one noodles with chicken, curry taste"

The cashier nodded and disappeared for a minute. He came back with a box.

"Here you go" He put the box into a plastic bag and handed it over.

I was just about to hand over the money when suddenly,

"Ill pay" Harry stretched out his hand and gave the cashier money.

I rolled my eyes and took the bag and walked out of the restaurant.

I had only walked a few metres when Harry came up behind me.

"Not even a 'thank you'?"

"I didn't ask you to pay for it"

"But I did"

"Well I don't owe you a thanks because I didn't ask"

I started to walk faster to get away from Harry. He ran up beside me.

"I don't see why you're so bitchy"

"I don't see why you are trying to talk to me? You know I don't want to be around you, it's a pain enough sharing classes"

"Come on" Harry took his hand in my shoulder and stopped me from walking. We just stood there looking at each other until I sighed loudly.

"Why have you gotten so interested hanging out with me again? A week ago you didn't even want to see me"

"How do you know that?" Harry wiped away the wet hair hanging down over his eyes. He looked down towards the ground as he licked his lips. "I've always liked you" he looked up again meeting my gaze. "Since I first saw you"

"Harry, you don't love me, I know it, you know it, both of us know it, we aren't meant to be and have never been" I sighed and started to walk again.

"You don't know that" I heard him almost whisper from behind me. I looked down and sighed, this time not an annoyed sigh, more like a sad sigh.

-

When I came inside I hung my coat and placed my shoes where they always used to be.

I put the food on the kitchen table and got to the bathroom. I searched for a towel and I found one a few seconds later. When I was about to put it in my hair I looked myself in the mirror.

I stood there watching as the water was dripping from my wet hair. I watched the raindrops fall from my face. I just stood there, looking at myself. Everything I saw was ugliness and sadness. I didn't like the way I looked, I'd never did, I will probably never do.

I blinked and felt a water drop fall down my cheek. It wasn't a rain drop. I felt awful, I felt depressed, I felt ugly. I felt one, two, three teardrops fall. I watched as they dropped from my cheek and left wet marks on my shirt.

I sat down at the bathroom floor burying my face in my arms, wanting to disappear forever.

I drug the towel through my hair slowly stopping the water from dripping.

How could my life go from perfect to this?

I've learned one thing,

Don't ever say something's perfect because as they say no one or nothing can be perfect, god will make the perfectness disappear and everything will end up,

Like this..