Chapter 3

I ate lunch by myself, like usual.

I sat thinking about how my life was before I moved to the US. Everything was perfect but my stupid dad had to cheat on my mum so she didn't want to even be in the same country as him.

I wanted to stay with my dad in England but that wouldn't really felt right afterwards because it was my dad who did wrong and not my mum so she deserved to have the only thing that they shared, me.

Even though no one of them owns me, it just didn't felt right. She would've been so lonely.

Also I wouldn't have liked to live with my dad and his girlfriend that he cheated with on my mum.

Well, I couldn't really change it now, it was 3 years ago and I haven't contacted my dad ever since then.

I sighed and looked up from my thoughts.

"Ehm" I faced Niall as he was sitting in front of me. "Hi" he said and smiled.

"How long have you been sitting there?"

"A while"

I blushed and fixed my hair. "Sorry"

"For what?"

"Not noticing you?" I raised an eyebrow.

Niall laughed a little. "I've only been sitting here for about 3 minutes and you looked so into your food so I didn't want to disturb"

"Disturb?" I laughed at his words. "What do you mean? I was just eating"

"I don't like it when people disturb me while I'm eating"

"Are you kidding me?" I laughed even more. "Are you one of these people who really likes food?"

He nodded and smiled big. I raised my eyebrows and kept laughing at him.

"I'm proud to love food, it's the best thing ever"

"Yeah yeah it's noting wrong with that" I bit my lip to try to not laugh.

"You can laugh" Niall laughed. "People think I'm weird and you're one of the 'people' on the planet so ye, you're not the only one"

"No no no it's nothing wrong with loving food, actually I-" I cut myself off. "I mean I like food too"

"..but?"

"But nothing!"

Niall laughed. "I can hear you think something's weird"

"Most of the people who like food are fat and you're.." I thought of the best word of saying it. "fit" I shrugged and smiled a bit insecure because I didn't know if it sounded stupid.

"Yeah I know, I kinda work out too"

"Oh" I blushed. "Yeah of course" I sighed. "Sorry I'm awkward I don't know how to be around people"

"You're not awkward you're really cool"

"What really?" I raised an eyebrow. Niall nodded and smiled. "You seem to be the only one who thinks that"

"Yeah about that, why are you eating alone? You could've asked if you could joi-" I cut him off.

"No it's fine, I just like to eat alone"

"Oh" Niall started fingering with the salt beaker. "But aren't you friends? I mean you seemed annoyed by them"

"They're jerks, it's just that"

"Why do you think that, they're actually very nice"

"You think that now but.." I sighed. "Never mind, I'm glad you've found some friends" I looked away to avoid his gaze.

"What happened between you?"

"Nothing, it's just, Harry is my ex boyfriend"

"Oh" Niall swallowed and became quiet.

"Well I'm done here, shall we go?" I stood up and took my tray. Niall nodded and came after me.