Chptr 41: Let's All Hate Her >.<

--Yerin's POV--

I took a deep breathe as I hold the doorknob of Jonghyun's hospital room. I needed to gather my strength first and prepare myself before I enter and see him unconsciously lying on the hospital bed.

It's been two days since the accident but still, it kills me to see him on that state. He still haven't woken up yet but the doctor said it's just because of the medicine that was injected to him and he's fine now.

I held on the doorknob tight and slowly twisted it. Sodam unni and their mother immediately got up from the couch when I walked in. I bowed to greet them and placed the basket of fruits that I brought, beside Jonghyun's bed.

“Yerin, you came early.”, his mother said.

“I want to stay here longer, umma.”, I said as I sat on the chair beside the hospital bed.

“Yerin, is it okay if we'll leave you here for a while? We'll just go home and get some things.”, Unni said.

I looked at her and smiled a bit. She looks stressed too because she's the one taking care of Jonghyun when I'm away though she still has to work.

“It's okay unni. You could rest. I'll stay here with him”, I said.

“Thanks Yerin. I also needed to check the company. Don't worry, I'll go back soon.”, she turned to her mother. “Umma, let's go. You should rest too.”

Instead of heading out, umma stood behind me and stroked my hair while I'm staring at Jonghyun. Unni went out of the room first so we could talk.

“Yerin, thank you very much for staying with my son.”, umma said.

“That's all I can do for him right now.”, I bowed my head as I held Jonghyun's hand tighter.

She bent a bit and hugged me from behind. “Don't worry too much. The doctor said he's now out of danger. He'll be fine soon. He'll wake up, I know he would.”

“Yes he will. And I'll make sure by that time, I'll be here.”, I sniffed, holding the tears that is about to fall again.

Umma whispered another 'thank you' before standing up and walking out of the room. The room became so quiet and all I can hear are the machine and Jonghyun's slight breathing.

“Jonghyun...”, I softly called him.

As what everybody believes, though one is unconscious, he could still hear what's being told to him so I would always talk to him.

“It's been two days but why are you still lying there? Don't you think you're sleeping too much?”, I forced a little smile but instead, tears that I've been holding earlier continuously flowed down my cheeks.

I don't know why my eyes don't get tired of crying. I don't have any idea either where else does my body gets liquid for my tears, it never dries out.

“You're still going to scold me because I lied, remember? And by that time, I won't answer back anymore, I'll take all your words and when you have finished talking, I'm going to hug you so tight and apologize non stop. You like a lot of skinship, right?”, I chuckled in between tears.

I kept on squeezing and massaging his hand, hoping that it could help him gain back his consciousness, but still, no signs that he's waking up. The sight of him lying on his bed without any movement, with an oxygen machine connected to him and bruises all over his body, it makes me extremely weak but as what unni said, I needed to be strong for him. I know he wouldn't want a stressed-looking girlfriend when he woke up.

“Yeobo... wake up soon, okay? I promise that you'll see me when you wake up... I'll just be here.”

-------------------