Chptr 22: The Start, AGAIN.

--Yerin's POV—

“Guys, we’ll be leaving in a while. We’re just waiting for the driver.”, Key said while we’re waiting outside the rest house.

We’ll be leaving Jeju today. Though it’s kinda sad, I think this is better to leave as soon as possible. Staying longer is just making me feel heavy.

After my last serious talk with Jonghyun, everything isn’t as what it is before. He became quiet, though he would still talk to me sometimes, it’s not as much as before. He also stopped forcing me to come with him always. And I’m sure his sudden change was because of ‘changing’ that we have talked about last time.

“Key oppa, I’ll just look around before we leave.”, I told Key.

“Sure. I’ll just call you when he driver arrives.”

I smiled then headed to the shore. I took out my camera and started taking photos of the sea for remembrance.

“You want me to take photos of you?”, Someone suddenly talked from behind.

When I turned to look, it’s Jonghyun. I didn’t notice that he followed me here.

“No thanks. I’m just here to take pictures of the view.”, I smiled and went back to capturing images.

I felt that someone is staring at me so I looked back and saw Jonghyun sitting on a big rock near me and staring at me. I looked down, unable to meet his eyes, but I came to him and sat on the rock too.

‘I guess talking for the last time we’re here won’t do any harm…’

I faced the sea while sitting beside him.

“You’re quiet lately. Problem?”, I asked.

He chuckeld softly. “None. I’m just thinking of something.”

I just nodded and remained quiet. We were both silent until he talked again.

“Yerin… Since I didn’t get a definite answer from my question to you last time, I want to ask another one.”

I looked at him but before he could start asking, I stood up.

“Maybe the driver already came. Let’s go back there now.”, I said, trying to avoid his question. I can feel that that question will bring us again to a heart twisting situation.

I stepped away from him but he pulled my hand, stopping me from going any farther.

“No. Listen to my question first.”, he said and pulled me closer to him and faced him.

“Listen to me. It’s the first time that I would be asking you this question.”, he paused for a while and secured his grip to my wrists first, preventing me from running away.

“…Will you be my girlfriend?”, he asked with his eyes glued on mine.

I unconsciously bit my lower lip when I heard his question. I’m right, his question brought my heart again to skip a beat and my whole body to shake from the inside and I can’t stand it any longer. His stare, his hold, everything he does right now, it’s making things hard for me.

“Let’s go now. They’re waiting for us.”, I tried to remove my hand from his grip but I failed.

Instead of letting go of my hand, he wrapped his arms on my waist and pulled me closer to him.

“No we will not leave here until you answer my question. Will you be my girlfriend?”, he repeated his question.

I sighed to hold back any hard feelings on me right now. I want to answer but all words feels clogged in my throat so I keep on gulping.