Chptr 15: The Advance Present

--Jonghyun’s POV—

While we are all inside the car, on the way to school, I can’t help to smile as I stare dreamily outside the car window.

Though last Saturday is not the date I planned or wanted, it’s still perfect for me, except on the last part where she stepped on my foot. My arms on her, it just feels like…. Ugh, I can’t explain.

“Are you having a smiling battle or staring battle with the car window, hyung? You look like an idiot.”, Minho said while driving.

I just ignored him and didn’t cut out my smile.

“Hey by the way, what did you do to Yerin again last week? You didn’t even show up to us the whole weekend to share what happened.”, Onew hyung  asked from the back seat.

I raised an eyebrow. “Then how did you know? I haven’t even told you yet.”

“Duh?!? It’s all over the campus. You can hear it everywhere. So would you mind explaining what really happened?”, Key said diva-ishly.

“Nothing big. I just asked Yerin for a date with a little help of pressure from the crowd. And she said yes.”

“Of course, she’ll say yes. You pressured her. You really can’t do things right… AISHH.”, Key sighed.

“Now I know why I keep hearing ‘Omo, I envy her’ and ‘Gosh, she’s so lucky’ from the girls.”, Onew said.

“Well, they really should envy her.”, I chuckled.

“I can imagine how noona hates you now for that.”, Taemin rolled his eyes.

I just laughed on their comments and reactions. I’m not affected, as long as I got what I want, I don’t care what they say.

“Then how did the ‘date’ end up?”, Minho asked.

“Uhmm… well… Let’s not talk about it…”, I sighed and looked away.

“I knew it! It’s not a success. Better luck next time.”, Minho laughed hysterically.

“Oh wait hyung! Tomorrow… your birthday!”, Taemin suddenly said.

“Yeah, right. Will there be a party?”, Onew asked.

“Since when did I like parties for my birthday? You know I don’t like that.”, I sighed.

“Then, what’s your plan?”, Key asked.

“Umma and appa won’t be around because they’re busy so I guess, I’ll just spend the whole day with you guys… and someone”, I grinned.

“I can sense a rejected birthday invitation.”, Key chuckled.

“Me too…”, the other boys added in chorus.

-----

I’m walking all around our school building to find Yerin. She’s not in their classroom and she’s not with Yeonmi either. The corridors are kinda crowded and that increased the difficulty of finding her.

At last, I saw a familiar face talking with some students on the corridor. I quickly went to her.

“Hey Miss ‘I’m-so-violent’, we need to talk.”, I said.

I went beside her but she didn’t even look at me. She just continued talking to her companies.

“Hey Yerin. I said we need to talk.”, I gripped her wrist and made her face me.

“What’s your problem?!? Can’t you see I’m talking with them? And we don’t need to talk.”, he shook my hands off her.

“We still have something unfinished the last time we met, remember? So we need to talk.”