Chptr 14: Pressure Count

--Yerin’s POV—

“Jin Yerin~!”, someone called me while I was heading to our school building.

My brows furrowed in confusion when I heard that familiar voice. I quickly looked back to confirm who really was calling me. Then I saw Jonghyun, running towards me.

“Why do you walk so fast?”, he stopped in front of me, panting.

I raised an eyebrow. “Why are you already here? You’re supposed to be resting until today.”

“I’m fine now and it’s so boring to be alone all day.”

“But the doctor sa—“

“I already asked my doctor about this and he allowed me. Don’t worry too much.”, he grinned.

“Fine.”, I said and turned around to continue walking.

He followed and walked with me.

“What now?!?”, I growled at him.

“Will you go out with me this Saturday?”

“Sorry, I’m having a headache this weekend.”, I said coldly and walked faster.

“Hey wait…”, he walked faster too. “I’ve been asking you about this since yesterday.”

I faced him and scowled.

“It’s good you know that you’re bugging me about this since yesterday. And just for you to know, it’s annoying.”, I sneered.

“Why don’t you just give me an answer?”

“I already answered you a hundred times. And I’m going to repeat it again… NO.”

“Why?”

“Because I don’t like!”, I turned but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

“Okay. What shall I do to make you say yes?”, he said seriously.

He’s looking impatient and I don’t like it. He doesn’t have any single right to be like that because I already turned his offer down plenty of times, since yesterday.

Since the time he asked me to give him a chance like having a date, he became persistent on asking it again and again.

I closed my eyes tightly out of frustration. I sighed deeply and looked straight on his eyes.

“Nothing. Just stop this and leave me alone.”

“C’mmon tell me. What will I do to make you go out with me?”

And that’s when my temper exploded. I shook off his hand gripping on my wrist and angrily squinted my eyes at him.

“How many times do you want to hear it from me? NO, NO and another NO! You don’t have to do anything because no matter what you do, I won’t go out with you!”, I yelled but not loud enough for everybody to hear.

We’re in the middle of the school quadrangle where there’s a lot of students passing and walking around. If I yelled too loud, we will catch too much attention.

Jonghyun didn’t move for seconds. Then I saw his expression change. His eyes became narrowed and his lips starting to form a straight line.

“Really? You won’t?”, he asked me in a cold tone, which I never heard from him.

I secretly gulped. It was the first time I saw this expression on him.

‘Did I become to harsh on my words?’