Chptr 16: Last Gift

--Jonghyun’s POV—

“Hyung, wait!”, I heard the boys called me from behind.

But I didn’t stop walking, instead I just walked faster and get in the car immediately. Seconds later, all four of them got in and looked at me.

“You should have talked to her properly.”, Key said.

“She’s the one who yelled at me first. I just wanted to protect her from those bitches but in the end, I became the bad guy.”, I frowned and looked outside the car window.

“But Yerin noona doesn’t know what happened. You should have explained it to her.”, Taemin said.

“That’s it. She doesn’t know what happened so why would she already assume that I’m hurting those girls?”

“I think you should talk. Explain to her what really happened.”, Onew hyung tapped my back.

I looked at him and sighed.

“No. I didn’t do anything wrong so why would I be the one to explain. She chose to protect those girls from me then let it be. Believe what she wanted to believe.”

“High rising pride…”, Minho sighed.

“Shut up and let’s just go.”, I glared at him.

“But it wouldn’t be settled if you didn’t tell her what happened.”, Minho said.

“I said shut up and let’s just go!”, I yelled and crossed my arms over my chest.

Minho sighed and shook his head. He started the car and started driving.

“Hey wait. All of you, don’t you ever told Yerin what happened. Let her discover it herself so she’d know what those girls are saying to her.”, I said coldly and looked outside the window.

--Yerin’s POV—

“Fine. I’ll go. Thank you very much for the advance gift.”, he said with a bitter smile but his eyes were firing.

He turned around and walked away.

The four other boys looked at me. They seemed confused on what to do, talk to me or follow Jonghyun. In the end they just bowed at me for goodbye and run after Jonghyun.

“Advance gift? What is he talking about?”, I turned to Yeonmi and asked.

“I don’t know… But Yerin, don’t you think you became too harsh?”

“I just told him what he needed to hear. You saw what he did also, and you know that’s very wrong.”, I sighed, trying to calm myself.

“But he kept on saying ‘you don’t know what really happened’, and you really didn’t see everything. Maybe there’s a good reason for his actions.”

I looked in disbelief.

“Wait, why are you defending him?”

“I’m not defending him. I’m just trying to tell you that you should have listened to him.”, she sighed as if she’s having a hard time talking to me.

“Enough. I saw it and it already happened so leave it that way. And I don’t like him in the first place so I don’t care if he’s mad or not.” I started to walk and Yeonmi quietly followed.

I sighed deep as I walk. The last thing I said, I hate to admit it but it’s a lie. It’s not that I’m very affected that he’s mad at me, it just makes me feel uncomfortable and bothered knowing that there’s someone mad at me.