Chptr 32: Her Insecurities, REVEALED!

--Jonghyun's POV--

I impatiently looked at my wristwatch for the nth time then looked around but failed to see the one I am waiting for.

“Where's Yerin? The ceremony will start in a few minutes.”, I asked the other four boys who are also waiting.

Today, I and Onew hyung will be graduating from high school. We've been waiting for Yerin since earlier but until now, she's nowhere to be found. She texted that she might be late but she didn't even told me the reason.

“Uhm I think you need to go to your seats now. The ceremony is starting.”, Key told me and Onew hyung.

“But Yerin is still not here.”, I protested.

“Common Jonghyun. We need to join the ceremony now.”, Onew tried to pull me away.

“We'll wait for Yerin, don't worry. Just go now.”, Minho pushed us away and I can't do anything but just follow Onew hyung and joined our other classmates.

“She told me she'll come.”, I pouted when we got on our seats in front of the stage, waiting for our name to be called.

“It's not over yet. She's just late. I'm sure she'll come.”, Onew said.

I just quietly sat on my sit, eyeing at each student being called and march across the stage. Soon, my name will be called and I'll be going up the stage to receive my certificate. I wanted Yerin to witness it but right now, I don't even know where she is. I can't call or text her because phones aren't allowed during the ceremony.

I stretched my neck and looked around for the last time but I still can't see her anywhere. Then I heard my name being called from the mic, asking me to march up the stage.

“Cheer up, it's our day.”, Onew hyung whispered to me before I stood up from my seat. I just flashed him a small smile and sighed before walking.

I went up and made a 90 degress bow to the school heads after accepting my certificate. I turned around and look at the audiences to make a polite bow too, then I walked to the other side of the stage to leave. As I march down, a certain someone caught my attention. A familiar face that I have been waiting since earlier.

I saw Yerin standing behind the rows of chairs for the audiences and students, with a big smile on her face. I smiled and quickly ran to her instead of coming back to my seat.

“Yah, Jin Yerin! Don't you know how late you are?”, I frowned.

She chuckled, not minding that I'm sulking.

“Congratulations Jonghyun~”

“That's all you're going to say? You're late and you didn't even see me march up the stage.”, I frowned even more.

“Nu-uh. I saw you. How could I miss that. I even took pictures~”, she showed her phone with photos of me marching, bowing, and receiving my certificate.

I felt happy that she didn't missed that moment but I still held back my smile to show that I am sulking.

“Still, you're late. Where have you been? Is that more important than this ceremony?”

She smiled. “Actually, yes. I think that's more important.”

I furrowed my brows and looked at her confusedly. Then she pointed at a direction and when I looked at it, my eyes widened seeing the three boys talking to my noona... together with Umma and Appa!

I slowly turned to Yerin again. “Y-you... You already met them?”

She just nodded with full smile.