One

• इन्हें समर्पित: Colyn007

1

KYLE

"Dad! That's ridiculous!" Hindi ko talaga mapigilan ang magulat sa narinig ko.

"You don't have a choice when it comes to your safety. Just deal with it."

Natapik ko ang noo ko. What he is doing? What the hell is go on? I mean, yeah, I know that there are death threats recently, but for Pete's sake, I can protect myself!

"I don't like your idea hiring a bodyguard for me. I'm a grown up and I can definitely take care of myself. Bakit para namang masyado mo akong ina-underestimate niyan? Sa tingin mo ba hindi ko kayang lumaban? Hindi ko kayang sumuntok? You didn't even discuss it with me first!"

"You don't have to argue with this, Kyle Joseph. I've made my decision. Hindi kita pinapakialaman sa lahat ng bagay. Even though na ang dami-dami mong babae, pinagsabihan ba kita? Hindi naman, di ba?..."

Kyle Joseph, binanggit na niya ang buong pangalan ko, and that means, he's serious.

Pero hindi ko napigilang mapangiti.

"That's because I'm your son."

Tumango si Dad. "That's it. You're my son. And I know you're in the state of moving on from Kate."

And why does he needs to remind me of her name?

Mabilis rin naglaho ang ngiting yon.

"But I care so much of your safety, Kyle. Tayong dalawa na nga lang, papabayaan pa kita. Ayoko nang maranasan yung nangyari noon with your mom. I'm done with depression, Kyle. Don't do it again to me, son." he said seriously.

Dad has a point. We've been through a lot since Mommy died. Lalo na siya. Halos bumagsak ang lahat ng kumpanya na hawak namin simula ng mamatay si Mommy. It takes 3 years bago bumalik si Daddy sa dati. That's the time I was forced to manage everything, even though it's so hard dahil fresh graduate pa lang ako at wala pa akong gaanong alam.

But I think with the help of Mom who's guiding us that time and of course the fact that I don't want to lose everything that Dad built, that they both built just for me to have a good future, nagawa kong ibangon ang business namin. And I'm proud to say that it get doubled. Mas dumoble ang kita ng kumpanya. Mas lumaki ang income, making us to be one of the most powerful and influential businessmen in the country today.

And that's the reason why there are so many death threats happening lately.

And I do understand him. Mom died because of failed security the time that we also had them because we took it lightly. They never thought that those fucking men are dead serious of wanting us dead.

And no one wants to repeat the history itself. One tragedy is enough.

"Hindi na ba talaga ako pwedeng umayaw? I mean, daig ko pa ang may curfew. And I don't know how to deal with it." I still want to be out of this bodyguard thing. Icoconvince ko pa rin si Dad as much as possible. Tang ina, ayoko nang may nagbabantay sa akin! Ayoko nang ganon! I can't and I don't want to imagine!

But he smiled. Yung ngiting wagi ni Kristoffer Martin.

"You're going to meet the security team later at lunch. So get ready. Be nice to them." he informed me.

And I think it's final. Fucking no.

"You know I'm always nice."

But he gave me that I'm-not-believing-you look.

"I know you. Well, that's it for now. Let's get back to work." and he bid goodbye before leaving my office.

Napailing na lang ako dahil wala rin akong nagawa sa gusto ni Dad. But I'm so grateful that I have him. I know it sounds so cliche but he's the best Dad in the world. He cares the most like Mom, especially nung mawala si Mommy, when he recovered from breakdown. In this world that most of the fathers are famous in neglecting their children at its finest, I'm proud to say that my Dad is one of the rarest Dads in the world that are already in the bridge of extinction.

My Bodyguardजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें