Thirty-Five

LA, USA
June 1st
Miley's POV

Liam and I were still trying, we just couldn't seem to get pregnant. I'm on a one-hundred and fifty dose now of the Clomid, I've been on one-hundred and fifty dose since May. Maybe this is just a sign I don't need another baby? Maybe...Liam and I were about to go out to lunch with Lindsay.

"You ready, Miles?" Liam asks me, then there was a knock on the door.

"Yeah, you?" I say, going to answer the door.

"Yup." Then I open the door.

"Hey." I say excitedly. "Come in." Then Lindsay, Shelby, and Andy come in.

"Thanks for having us." Lindsay says.

"No problem. Thanks for babysitting, Shelby. It means a lot." I say to Shelby, then she nods.

"No problem, I love babies and River won't be much to handle because he'll have Andy to play with." Shelby says with a smile.

"Okay well, we're going to go. If Bradly gets upset just ask him what he wants he should tell you. If he doesn't tell you anything he's either tired or he is just wanting attention. And River shouldn't bother you much he-"

"Miley. They'll be fine. Don't worry Shelby, I know you can handle this."

"Thanks." Shelby says, then Liam nods.

"Well we better go." Lindsay says. "Take good care of River, Bradly and your brother." Lindsay commands Shelby, then Shelby nods.

"Okay, bye." Liam says, then we walk out the door.

When we got to the restaurant we got seated and ordered our drinks. We talked for a while before our food came, then we ate while we talked. We had a few good conversations. Before Lindsay and the kids came over I promised Liam I wouldn't talk about the kids...but that doesn't mean I can't think about them. When we were done eating, Liam insisted on paying the bill, even though Lindsay and I said no. Lindsay and I figured we all could all split it. Then we drove back to Liam's and my house. When we got inside, the animals greeted us.

"Hi." Shelby says, bouncing Bradly on her hips while holding him.

"Hi, how were my boys? I hope they were fine." I say, worried they didn't do well.

"Oh, they were fine. Bradly got a little fussy so I asked him what he wanted. He was hungry so I got him some food, then I fed Andy and River. River was so nice, he didn't make me go crazy like Andy does when I watch him." Shelby answers.

"Good, I'm glad they were good." I say, then Shelby hands Bradly to Liam.

"How did Andy do with the boys?" Lindsay asks.

"He did good because he had someone to play with. Don't worry mom, I did fine."

"Well I'm glad all went well." Liam says. "Here you go." Then he hands Shelby her money.

"You guys didn't have to pay me this much." Shelby says. "Here take ten back."

"No no, you did really well. You deserve it." I say with a smile.

"Thanks!" She says excitedly.

"We'd better  go, I toold their father they would be over at his house later this evening." Lindsay says, as if she's disgusted.

"Okay, we'll see you later then." I say. "Don't be too pissy about him around the kids, Andy especially. I know how little kids have no filter. He's only eight." I whisper to Lindsay.

"Okay." She says, agreeing. "C'mon kids, we better go. drop you off at your dad's."

"No, mom. Please. I hate dad and his new girlfriend!" Shelby says.

"He has a new girlfriend? Oh well, I don't care...you kids still have to go, your dad deserves to see you."

"No he doesn't, he left us."

"Shelby that's enough."

"No mom it isn't fair!"

"Shelby! Let's go or you won't be able to babysit for them anymore." Then Shelby stomps her way out of the house.

"And you want a girl?" Liam asks me.

"I'm sorry you had to see that..." Shelby apologizes.

"It's fine, we're gonna be going through that teen phase with the boys. Besides, I've seen it all before. I have a younger sister Noah. She's twenty-four now but she was a teenager so I know..." Then Lindsay laughs.

"Okay, well I'll see you guys later. C'mon Andy." Then Lindsay walks out with Andy. When she shuts the door behind her I sigh.

"Maybe I don't want a girl..." I say.

"Miley, I know you do." Liam says, then kisses me after he puts Bradly down.

"I want a little sister!" River exclaims.

"Don't worry, you're gonna get a new sibling hopefully soon." I say to River.

"A sister?" River asks.

"Don't know, buddy. Whatever decides to come into mommy's belly." Liam says.

"Remember what I told you? I can't pick the gender of the baby. It's whatever goes in there." I explain to River, then he nods.

"I remember now. Sorry."

"Don't apologize, River. You don't need to apologize." Liam says, then picks River up. Then I pick up Bradly.

"Mommy kiss." Bradly says, then I smile and kiss him on the cheek.

"I want a kiss from you mommy!" River complains, so I lean in and kiss River on the cheek.

"Oh, I have a question." Liam says.

"Hmm?" I ask.

"You were working on a new album before Bradly was born. Did you ever get around to finishing it?" Liam asks.

"No. I have a couple more songs to record. It should come out this year though. My fans are dying for new music. What about you and a new movie?" I reply.

"Um...I haven't gotten any calls yet but hopefully soon. I really wanna do a new movie. But I just don't wanna do one where I'm gonna miss the baby's birth. I got lucky with Bradly." Then I kiss him.

"Like I said, Liam. I can have it filmed."

"But it isn't the same. I won't be there with you, coaching you, cheering you on."

"Liam, it's gonna be fine if you miss it. It's not like I'm gonna go anywhere with the baby. You'll be able to see it when you get home."

"Okay. Well then, now what?"

"We take care of kids until either I finish my album or you get a role. By the way I love the movie. I know I've said it before but I can't stop saying I love your body."

"Well it's a good thing you can see it up close and personal then, huh?" Then we kiss.

"Ew!" Bradly says, then River nods.

"You got that right, Bradly!" Then Liam and I laugh.

Well, Liam and I are still trying but I know it will happen. We just gotta give it time. Bradly's two...I couldn't believe how fast time flies by. River's six...Noah's married...honestly I don't know where tthe last eight years my life has gone. It seems like the time flies by so fast because we're so busy raising our sons. And hopefully we'll be raising a daughter soon, too. I don't care if time flies by, I just want a little girl. But even if I get another boy, I won't care. I'm happy with my life. I took hope, and got a good life. It only takes hope and hard work.

The End

Check out the sequel "Living the Good Life"