Eight

LA, USA
March 7th
Miley's POV

"Bye Miley, you sure you got everything for four days?" Liam says, then kisses me, then I nod.

"Of course. Liam, River is our son, I've been taking care of him for three years now." Then he sighs.

"I know I'm just really gonna miss you and him." Then we kiss again.

"River, come say bye to daddy." I say, then River comes into the living room and Liam picks River up and kisses him.

"Bye daddy." River says.

"Bye little dude." Then Liam hands River to me.

"Bye, now get going I gotta drop off River and get to my appointment." I say before Liam and I kiss again.

"Bye." Then Liam leaves.

"C'mon, River. Let's get you to aunt Noah." Then I grab my phone and keys then walk out the door with River. I put River in his carseat and get in the driver's side and buckled up before I drove out of my driveway to Noah's.

When I got to Noah's I rang the doorbell and she answered it.

"Uh...Miley, hi." She says, chuckling nervously.

"What?" I ask.

"Uh, I just uh. Nathan is here."

"So?"

"He uh...we're kind of...going out."

"Uh, did you forget you were babysitting my kid?" I ask. "Noah, this is completely irresponsible." I say, then shift River to my other side.

"I'm sorry." She says.

"What am I gonna do? It's too short of notice for everyone else and I've got an appointment in like thirty minutes."

"Take River with you." Noah proposes.

"I would...if the doctor wasn't gonna play with my hoo-ha." I say.

"Can't you just have him sit in the waiting room?"

"Noah, he's three." I shout. "You know what? Forget it." Then I walk off with River in my arms, and put him back in his carseat.

"No aunt Noah?" River asks.

"No, no aunt Noah. you're coming with me to my doctor appointment."

"I hate docotrs." River says, pouting.

"Yeah but it's my doctor appointment, not yours. Don't worry the doctor isn't gonna do a check up on you." Then I buckle up and drive to the doctor's office.

When I got there, I checked myself in and waited with River. When it was my turn I went into the room with River and sat on the table and put River in a chair.

"Hi Miley, I see you brought your son with?" She says, confused.

"The babysitter pulled out. She's too busy with her boyfriend."

"Oh, okay. Well this will be a little bigger of a procedure than the postcoital, it will hurt a little bit, I'm not going to lie."

"Okay, so what will you do then?" I ask, nervous.

"You're going to put on a gown then place your feet in the stirrups, then I'm going to put the speculum inside your vagina, then a tenaculum to hold your cervix in place. Then I'll wash the cervix with a special kind of soap. The tool to collect the sample is guided through the cervix into the uterus. The tool will be moved up and down to collect the sample. Some women feel cramping, so be prepared for it to be uncomfortable."

"Okay. Um, when you leave me to get into the gown will you take River?" I ask.

"Of course, Miley."

"River, go with Dr. Walsh okay?" Then he nods and follows Dr. Walsh into the hallway while I get into the gown. About two minutes later there was a knock on the door before River and Dr. Walsh came back in.

"Okay, ready?" She asks, then I nod nervously. "Don't worry, Miley, it'll be fine."

"River, sit in the chair next to me, don't get in Dr. Walsh's way okay?" Then he nods, and I lie back and put my feet in the stirrups. Then I felt her put the speculum inside me, then the tenaculum, then I felt her inside me washing my cervix.

"Okay, Miley. This might hurt a bit okay?" Then I nod, and take a deep breath. Then she starts to take the sample, and I feel really bad cramping.

"Ow." I say.

"I've got to get some more." She says, then keeps doing it. About five minutes later, I felt the cramping sort of go away. "I'm all done, Miley." Then I take my feet out of the stirrups and sit up.

"So is that all now?"

"Yes, now you'll feel a little sore so I don't suggest any sex for a couple of days."
"Okay, that's fine. Liam is away doing a commercial anyway so I can't." Then I laugh.

"Okay, well if you're not sore March 9th I'd like to see you for a transvaginal ultrasound and the hysteroscopy."

"Alright." I say.

"I'll take River so you can get dressed again." Then she leaves with River. I get in the gown then meet her in the hallway to take River. Then I went to the front desk to schedule my next appointment.

"March 9th." I say to the lady at the front desk.

"How about 11:00 AM?" Then I nod.

"Sounds good, thanks." I say before leaving with River in my arms.

When we got home, River went into his room to play. Then I fed the animals, then sat on the couch and watched some TV. Later I fed River dinner and put him to bed, leaving me with some alone time. I just sat on the couch thinking about things. Why can't I just be a normal person and get pregnant when I want? I think to myself. Maybe this is just a sign telling me I only need one kid...