Twenty-Six

LA, USA
January 14th
Miley's POV

12:00 PM

Liam got back from picking up a carseat a while ago, and right now he was in the cafeteria with River. He gave the pink carseat away, and put the green one into his car. Noah was holding the baby and visiting with me while the boys were gone.

"So, do you think I've got postpartum depression?" I ask Noah.

"A lot of signs point to yes, so I'm afraid you do." She replies. "I'm sorry, is there anything I can do to help?"

"Don't tell Liam."

"Why?" She asks.

"He'll demand I want help-- which I don't. And when I tell him he'll take away my baby."

"Miley, Liam wouldn't do that."

"Oh yeah? Try it. But don't actually. Just take my word for it, I don't wanna lose my baby."

"Will you hold your son then?" Noah asks, then I sigh.

"Fine, if it makes you happy."

"It does...cause mom and dad are gonna be here any minute and if you don't want them knowing you've got postpartum depression then I suggest you hold your baby." Then Noah hands me the baby and strangely my mom and dad just come in.

"Oh, Miley. Such a cutie." My mom says. "Boy or girl?"

"Boy." I say, then fake smile.

"He's cute, Miles." My dad says. "Why aren't you happier?"

"I'm-"

"She's just tired." Noah says, saving me. Then I let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, okay." My mom says.

"Wanna hold him?" I ask, I was desperately trying to get him out of my arms.

"If you want me to." She says with a smile.

"Go ahead. Meet your new grandson." Then I hand the baby over to my mom.

"Oh, he's so sweet." My mom says. "He's gonna be one heck of a heartbreaker when he's older."

"Yeah, he'll break a lot of hearts..." I say. "He already broke mine." I whisper to myself.

"Have you picked out a name yet?" My dad asks.

"No, Liam and I haven't thought of any...we didn't know we were having a boy." I reply.

"I thought you knew the gender." My dad says confused.

"We were told it was a girl but the ultrasounds are hard to read sometimes." I explain.

"Oh, okay. Well you'd better start thinking. I bet Liam wants you guys home...where is he anyway?" My mom says.

"Cafeteria with River." I answer.

"I could've gotten up and taken him you know. All you had to do was call." Noah says.

"I wasn't waking you up. River was fine staying in here...he just got a little worried when I started to sceram and yell." I say then my mom and dad laugh.

"So did you have an epidural?" Noah asks, then my mom hands the baby to my dad.

"Nah, I figured I didn't need it...but let me tell you Noah...when you have kids, get the epidural." I say.

"Noted." She replies, then Liam walks in with River in his arms.

"Hey guys. I didn't know you were coming." Liam says, greeting everyone.