Twenty-Nine

LA, USA
January 18th
Miley's POV

Bradly is four days old now...and it's been two days since we brought Bradly home, and River hasn't been too happy. River's room is right next to Bradly's so when Bradly cries it wakes River up.

3:00 AM

I woke up to the sound of cries on the baby monitor.

"Liam, it's your turn." I say tiredly.

"No it isn't I took the midnight one." He says back, also tired.

"Fine, fuck you too." I say then get up. I went into Bradly's room and River was in there.

"Mommy make him be quiet." River commands tiredly.

"River, you need to go to bed." I say.

"Make him be quiet so I can sleep." He begs. "Please."

"I will. I gotta feed him I think he's hungry." Then I take Bradly out of the crib and sit in the chair with Bradly in my arms. I take my shirt off and put Bradly up to my left breast, then he started to suck.

"Mommy what is he doing?" River asks confused.

"He's eating, this is how babies eat."

"I thought they ate food."

"No, they drink milk."

"It comes from your boobies?" Then I laugh.

"There's milk in there and so the babies suck to get milk out and eat. Then when they're older they'll eat soft food, then when they're even older they'll eat regular food like you do." I explain.

"Oh, okay." Then he watches me.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Does it hurt?"He asks me.

"No, it doesn't hurt. It feels a little weird but I get used to it."

"Can the babies eat from boys?" He asks.

"No, boys don't get breasts and they don't carry milk in them."

"Okay why only the mommies?"

"Because the baby is in the mommy so the milk starts to get in the breasts." I explain.

"Ohhh okay then. Mommy is he gonna stop crying now?" Then Bradly stops sucking so I hold him up and burp him. "What are you doing now?"

"I'm burping him so there isn't any air in his tummy." I answer. "And yes he should be done crying for a while now." Then I put Bradly back in the crip and put my shirt on.

"Mommy are you gonna have any more babies?" River asks.

"Um...I don't know. I'll let you know later, okay?" Then he nods.

"Okay. Is he gonna be able to play with me soon?"

"It'll be a few months but he will be able to play with you when he's older." I reply, then he hugs me and I kiss him on the top of his head.

"Night mommy."

"Night River." Then he leaves and I kiss Bradly, then leave to go back to bed where Liam was sitting up with his arms crossed. "What?" I ask.

"You said you didn't know...you didn't say no...does that mean we're gonna have another baby?" Liam asks excitedly.

"No, I just didn't wanna crush River. I know how much he wants a sister...but I'm not ready to take on another baby."

"Maybe not yet but later-"

"Liam." I say sternly.

"Okay. I heard your talk with River too by the way. I thought it was cute."