Thirty-Four

LA, USA
March 10th
Miley's POV

I got on the one-hundred dose around January, and Liam and I have been trying for what seems like forever. River was six, and Bradly was two. I wanted a baby close to Bradly's age so that he could have a younger sibling too. I mean even if he's older he'll still have a younger sibling, the baby will just be a lot younger than Bradly than I want it to be. Liam and I were sitting on the couch talking about it while River was in school and Bradly was taking a nap.

"Liam, I don't think I'm ever gonna get pregnant." I say, crying.

"Miley, we just gotta hope. And have faith that you will get pregnant. Besides, so what if you can't get pregnant? There are tons of babies and kids out there that wanna be adopted."

"I know, and I think it might have to come down to that if I don't get pregnant soon. I want a baby, Liam."

"I know, I know. I do too, baby. I mean, I'm thirty-four. I'm getting old." Then I playfully push him.

"You are not. You're only thirty-four."

"Yeah...only." He says.

"Liam." I say seriously. "C'mon, you're not old! Just like how I can't say I'm fat when I'm pregnant."

"That's different."

"No it isn't." I argue. "It's not different. It's the same. Why don't you go pick up your son from school?" I say.

"What now he's only my son?" Liam asks, then I shake my head.

"You know what I mean, I'm having Lindsay come over so I want you to go get him in case she shows up early."

"Aren't her kids in school though too?"

"No, she said they stayed home because they had a doctor appointment. So they're coming over soon. But seriously you gotta go, River's gonna hate you for being late."

"Okay, I get it. Bye." Then he kisses me before he leaves.

A little while later Bradly got up so I got him and brought him out and sat him on the couch next to me. I was playing with him when the doorbell rang. I grabbed Bradly and got up to answer the door. When I opened the door Lindsay and her kids were there.

"Hey." I say excitedly. "Come in." Then Lindsay, Andy, and Shelby all came in.

"Hi, how have you been?" Lindsay asks, then I sit on the couch with Bradly on my lap and Lindsay next to me.

"I've been alright. Um, Andy, River will be here soon. Until then you can go ahead and go in his room and play. I'm sure he won't mind." I say.

"He doesn't have to do that."

"Oh, Lindsay no it's fine. River has a little brother that's gonna be stealing his toys, River's gonna need to learn to share." Then Linsday laughs.

"Thanks Miley!" Then Andy runs into River's room.

"Hey, why don't we go in the kitchen?" I ask Lindsay, then she nods. "Here, Shelby. Wanna play with a two year old?" Then Shelby nods excitedly, so I hand her Bradly then walk into the kitchen with Lindsay.

"So, only alright?" Lindsay asks.

"Well, Liam and I have been trying for a baby for almost a year now. Nothing has happened...I'm kinda getting pissed about it."

"I'm sorry, have you thought about getting fertility treatment?"

"I'm on Clomid, one-hundred miligrams. Yet nothing has happened..."

"Have you taken a test recently? Maybe you're pregnant now."

"I took one yesterday. Negative..." I say upset. Then the dogs go crazy because Liam and River came home. "River, Andy is in your room playing. Be nice." I say, then he smiles and runs into his room.

"Hey Lindsay, how are you?" Liam says, greeting Lindsay.

"Hi, I'm fine. And you?" She replies.

"I'm good. Better than Miley." Then I look at him upset.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask.

"It means you aren't handling the no baby thing well." Liam says.

"Okay, fine. You aren't eaither."

"I know Miley, but I do think you're taking it harder."

"Yeah...can we stop talking about this?" I say, then Liam nods.

"So. Adults to adults...how hard are you trying?" Lindsay says, then my face gets red.

"Uh..." I say. "Liam why don't you take this one?" I ask Liam.

"Uh...well- I- we- um...we're trying, that's all I can really say. Haha..." He says nervously, then I can't help myself but laugh.

"We're trying really hard, we're trying almost every week." I say.

"It's okay, I know how hard it is. I had to do fertility treatment for both kids. You got lucky with Michael and River, but had to use it for Bradly, right?" Lindasy asks, then I nod.

"Would you like some tea or coffee?" I ask.

"Tea please." Lindsay says, then I get up, but Liam gets up and smiles.

"It's fine, I'll get it. Tea for Mrs. Miley?" Then I smile and nod. "Okay."

After Liam got done making the tea he handed Lindsay and me our cups, then took one for himself. We sat down and started to talk again. After about two hours it was around 5:00.

"Well, we should go." Lindsay says. "I gotta make dinner still."

"One of these days we'll have to get together for dinner." I say, then Lindsay nods while Shelby comes into the kitchen with Bradly in her arms.

"Mommy!" Bradly says, then I smile and Shelby hands me Bradly.

"Thanks for watching him Shelby, maybe you'll have to watch him for a whole day so Liam and I can go out. I'll pay you." Then I smile.

"Awesome! He's so cute, I wouldn't even mind watching River, I'll just have him play with Andy. Mom can I watch them?" Shelby replies.

"Maybe, that way we can all go out. We won't have to worry about the kids. If that's alright with you two." Lindsay says, then Shelby smiles at me.

"I don't know...Bradly's-"

"Two." Liam says, cutting me off. "Sorry for cutting you off but I think she can handle a two year old."

"Fine, I suppose. I'm sure she'll be able to handle him very well." I say, then Lindsay smiles.

"You think so?" She asks, then I nod. "Awesome, thanks. Now we can go out to dinner some time."

"No problem." I say. "We'll see you later."

"Bye, thanks for having us." Lindsay says, thanking us.

"You're welcome. Bye." I say, then Andy comes out of River's room with River. Then Lindsay leaves with Andy and Shelby.

"Daddy." Bradly says, motioning Liam to grab Bradly. Then Liam takes Bradly out of my arms.

"Why do our boys love you more than me?" I ask Liam.

"They don't love me more than you." Liam disagrees.

"They both said daddy for their first words." I say, then River comes over to me and I pick him up.

"No mommy I don't love either of you more. I love you both the same." River says, then Liam and I smile.

"See Miley? I told you."

"Fine, fine." I say, then put River down. "Give me Bradly." Then Liam hands me Bradly.

"Hi baby, you love me right?" I ask Bradly.

"Yes. Lots." Then I smile and kiss him on the cheek.

"Good." I say.

"At least River said he loved you and me equally." Liam says, then I nod. I hope I get pregnant soon...maybe I should just give up...right?