Twelve

LA, USA
May 2nd
Miley's POV

It's been a whole day since Liam left with River. I am completely sober and I deserve my son back. I've tried calling Liam but he won't answer.

"Liam...please, please call me back. I deserve to see my son. I-" then my front door opens, and Liam walks through the door with River in his arms asleep. "Liam?" I ask.

"Yeah...you sound sober. You look and smell better too." Then I sigh.

"Liam, look. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done something so stupid." Then Liam takes River and puts him in bed, then he comes back out.

"I'm sorry I overreacted, I shouldn't have...it's just that, you were doing so well with being sober. Then that night..." Then he shakes his head. "You could he pregnant, Miles."

"We both know I'm not, and I never will be."

"Didn't she boost your prescription to one-hundred millograms?" Liam asks.

"Yeah, but let's face it...I'm not gonna get pregnant." Then I tear up. "Maybe...maybe all of this is just a sign I don't need another baby." Then I start to cry, and Liam pulls me close to him and embraces me.

"Shh, Miles. You want another baby. It's gonna happen, you just need to have faith Miley. Okay?" Then I nod.

"I'm sorry, for the way I acted. I shouldn't have shoved and punched you." I apologize.

"It's fine, I'm sorry for the way I acted. I shouldn't have slapped you. It probably made you think of...you know." Then I sigh.

"Yeah, it kinda did...but it's okay as long as you're here now though. I never want you to leave my side." Then I feel a little nauseated. I ran to the bathroom and threw up, then flushed the toilet and washed out my mouth.

"You okay?"

"Liam, when I said I never wanted you to leave my side I didn't mean follow me to the bathroom when I throw up. I must be a little hungover still. After all, I did party hard."

"I'm sorry baby, want me to make you some tea or something?"

"Sure. Thank you."

"You are most certainly welcome." Then he goes into the kitchen, I go into the living room, and River comes out of his room and follows me to the living room.

"Hi mommy!" Then I smile.

"Hi baby." I say. "How was your little nap?" Then he yawns.

"Good. I'm home with daddy now."

"I know, River, I'm so happy you're back home. I missed you." Then I sit on the couch and help River up next to me.

"Mommy?" River asks.

"Yes cutie?"

"Is there a baby in tummy yet?" Then I sigh.

"No baby, not yet." I reply.

"Soon?" He asks.

"I don't know baby. Hopefully." Then Liam comes in with my tea and hands me the tea, then sits next to me on the other side.

"Why did you puke?" River asks.

"I just didn't feel too good, but I'll be fine." I answer.

"Okay. Daddy I'm hungry."

"When are you not? I swear you keep growing every time I turn around." Liam says, then I laugh. "I'll make you a sandwich."

"No! Salad." River demands.

"Well, fine then. Miles do you want one?" Liam asks me.

"Nah, I'm not really hungry. Maybe later, though." I reply, then he nods and goes into the kitchen.

____________________________________

LA, USA
May 7th
Miley's POV

"Liam!" I yell from the bathroom.

"What?" He asks.

"Get River to mom and dad's or Noah's or something, I've got the flu really bad."

"Really?" He asks, worried. "Are you sure it's the flu?"

"I'm puking, cold, sweating, and hot. I don't think it's anything else." I reply.

"Okay, I'll see who can take him for a couple days."

"Thank you, I just really don't want him sick." I say, then he nods and leaves the bathroom, and I continue to throw up.

A few hours later I wasn't throwing up, and so I was lying on the couch with a wet washcloth on my forehead.

"How you holding up?" Liam asks, coming into the living room.

"Horrible. I'm just thankful I'm not puking anymore. Hopefully this gets over and done with soon, I want my baby boy back." Then he sits on the couch near my feet and starts to rub them. "You don't have to do that, you know."

"I know, but I want to."

"I'm gonna take a nap." I say, then close my eyes.

"Okay, I'll leave you alone." Then he walks into the kitchen and I fall asleep.

_______________________________________

LA, USA
May 10th
Miley's POV

"Miley, you've been throwing up for three days straight. It's time to go to a doctor." Liam insists, coming through the front door. He had just gotten back from visiting River.

"No Liam...I hate doctors. I've had enough appointments lately."

"Miley, I really don't care. You need to go to the doctor. You can go the easy way, or the hard way. Don't make me take you by force. I love you and want you to feel better."

"I think my intestines are messed up." I say, holding my stomach. "I've really been puking a lot."

"Well that's another reason you should go to the doctor. Please Miley, at least do it for River. He really wants to come home."

"Fine." I say, then grab my phone and call my doctor. "Yeah, I'd like to make an  appointment. I've had the flu for three days straight. Can I get an appointment for later today?"

"Yes, how does 2:30 sound today?" The lady on the phone asks.

"Sounds good. Thank you, bye." Then I hang up. "I have an appointment at 2:30 today." I say to Liam.

"Well then I suggest you get ready cause it's 2:00."

"Oh shit, yeah. I'm ready all I need are my keys." Then I grab my keys and hug Liam before I leave the house.

When I got to the doctor's office I signed in and almost instantly a nurse came and called my name. I got in the room, and the nurse left me with my thoughts. What if something really bad is wrong with me? Then my doctor came in.

"Hi Miley, so you've been throwing up a lot huh?" Then I nod.

"For three days straight, what could be wrong with me Dr. Hills?"

"Let me listen to your lungs and heart." She says, then she gets her stethoscope and listens to my heart and lungs. "Well your lungs and heart sound healthy, your heart is beating a little fast, that's probably because you're nervous."

"My intestines have been really bothering me too." I reply.

"Let me take a listen." Then I lift up my shirt and she listens to my stomach. "Hmm, strange."

"What? Am I okay?" I ask, scared.

"Oh, you're fine. The baby even sounds healthy." Dr. Hills replies.

"Wait what?"