Fourteen

LA, USA
May 20th
Miley's POV

I was with Liam and River at the doctor's office in the room waiting for Dr. Cooper.

"Mommy why do you gotta that?" River asks pointing to the gown I'm in, him sitting in the chair with Liam.

"The doctor is gonna look and take pictures of the baby and see how far along I am. We're gonna see how big the baby is." Then his eyes grow wide.

"Really?! We're gonna see the baby?!" River shouts.

"Shh, River. Yes we're gonna see him or her." I say, then Dr. Cooper comes in.

"Hello Miley, Liam, River. Seems like River gets bigger every time I see him. Although I don't see him much." Dr. Cooper says.

"Yeah, he's three now." I reply.

"Okay, let's take a look at the baby." Then I lie back and put my legs in the stirrups. Then she gets ready and puts the wand inside me, which makes me jump.

"Mommy you okay?" River asks.

"Yeah, it's just cold River." I say, then he nods and soon he heard the heartbeat. It was much louder than through the stethoscope.

"Wow." Liam says, amazed. "It finally happened again." Then he gets choked up. I get choked up, seeing him nearly crying.

"Mommy where's the baby?"

"Right there." Dr. Cooper says, pointing to the little blob on the screen.

"Doesn't look like a baby." He says, then we laugh.

"Well that's because the baby isn't fully grown yet." Dr. Cooper explains. "In a few more months the baby will keep looking more and more like a baby." Then River nods.

"Boy or girl?" He asks excitedly.

"Not too sure yet, the baby isn't big enough to see what gender it is yet. We'll be able to tell soon." Dr. Cooper replies. "Do you know how far along you are, Miley?"

"No, I was hoping you'd be able to tell me." I say. "Sorry."

"No, don't be sorry. It's fine. You're about eioght weeks now. You should be due towards the end of January."

"Okay, thank you." Then she takes the wand out and nods with a smile.

"I'm very happy this worked out for you. So what was exactly wrong?" Dr. Cooper replies.

"It was secondary infertility. They put me on one-hundred milligrams of Clomid. I was originally on fifty but it wasn't working." I explain.

"Oh, okay." She says.

"Mommy I'm tired." River whines.

"I know, baby. It's your nap time." I say, then he yawns.

"Well I'd like to see you in eight weeks. You'll be sixteen weeks and I can try to see if we can find out the gender."

"Okay, thanks Dr. Cooper." I say, then she smiles and leaves and I put my legs down.

"Okay River, turn around baby so I can dressed and then we can leave so you can have your nap." Then Liam gets up and turns River around with him.

"You don't have to turn around Liam, we are married you know." Then I hear him chuckle and I take off my gown and put on my clothes. "Okay, let's go." Then Liam picks up River and River closes his eyes as we walk out of the room. When we got to the front desk, the lady looked up at me.

"Another appointment?" Then I nod.

"Eight weeks."

"How does July 15th at 2:30 sound?"

"Sounds great, thanks." Then we walk out the building and we get swarmed by paparazzi.

"Miley are you pregnant? How far along are you? When are you due?" A man asks, waking River up.

"Thanks a fucking lot you just woke up my son. Yes I'm pregnant but I'm not saying anything else. Now if you would excuse us we need to get our son home." I snap, then walk to Liam's car with Liam, and River in Liam's arms.

"Miley what is the gender? Miley, how far along are you?" Another man asks.

"Shut the hell up!" I shout. "Leave us the fuck alone!" Then River starts to cry, and we continue to walk away to the car, paparazzi still following us.

When we got to the car, I sat in the back with River and tried to calm him down.

"Drive Liam I'm gonna sit back here with River." Then we buckled up and he drove away, honking at paparazzi to get out of the way. "Shh, River. It's okay, I'm sorry I yelled. They were just bugging me okay?"

"Mommy you scared me."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. The paparazzi were asking me questions, personal questions that they don't need to know." I apologize.

"It's okay mommy." Then I smile and kiss his forehead.

When we got home, I put River down for a nap. Then I met Liam in the kitchen, he was making me some tea.

"I could've made my own you know, you didn't have to." Then he kisses me and hands me the cup of tea. "But thank you." Then he kisses me passionately on the lips.

"Yeah, I know you could do it but I figured you deserve to rest. I don't want you over working and stressing yourself out."

"I'm pregnant, I'm sure I'll be fine if I get a little stressed. It's what moms do, they get stressed." I reply. "I'm fine."

"You can say you're fine, but you need to rest. I don't want anything happening to this baby." Then I put my tea on the counter and Liam puts his hand on my stomach. Then he kisses me again, and I smile after we pull away.

"Thank you." I say.

"Why are you thanking me? I should be thanking you. You're giving me another child."

"Making babies is a team effort if I recall right, Liam. So I technically should thank you also."

"Okay, okay. I love you so much." He says, then he kisses me again.

"I love you too."