Chapter 54

*Battleground*

The day Dean has been dreading has finally come. Everyone already knew the WWE universe would choose him as Alex's opponent tonight.

It was bad enough that they were going to be put in match together but now he was being forced to lose the match as well.

If he was going to lose this match he wanted it to be him actually losing. Not because of some dumb punishment by the Authority.

Dean had enough on his plate at the moment but at least he made up with Alex and Roman. So that made things a little bit better.

The real issue Dean was having right now was with this match between him and Alex.

He just couldn't cope with the fact that he would have to lose to her.

This made Dean pace back and forth in his locker room.

"Yo." Roman greeted as he let himself into Dean's locker room.

Dean mumbled something that was meant to be a greeting but wasn't clear.

"Whoa what's up with you?" Roman asked taking a good look at the Cittcinatti native.

"I don't know if I can go through with this." Dean admitted. 

"Go through with what?" The Samoan asked totally oblivious to what Dean was talking about.

"This match."

"The one with Alex? Dude chill out it might not even happen but if it does what's the big deal it's only one loss."

Dean groaned extra loudly.

"What's the problem?"

"I'm gonna lose to a diva..."

"Not just any diva. It's Alex. At least it's not one of the Bellas." Roman joked.

"Yeah.."

"I mean Alex has beaten a fair amount of guys in the past. So it won't look too bad."

"I'm not doing it. I wanna actually wrestle her." Dean said calmly.

"Do you really want to deal with the Authority's punishment?"

Stephanie's words replayed in his head. 

If this doesn't happen there will be consequences.

"Dean maybe you should talk to Alex about this."

"You're right. I got to go find her." Dean said immediately getting up to go search for the Divas Champion.

(Meanwhile)

Alex was hanging out in a not too crowed hallway admiring her title when she got the feeling that someone was watching her.

Alex looked up and she was right. Her eyes landed on Bray Wyatt. Even after she caught him staring he still continued.

Alex waved at him and that's when he approached her.

"Hi Bray." Alex said.

"Hello darling."

"Is there a reason why you were staring at me??"

"In due time darling...in due time." Bray informed before quickly leaving.

"What?" Alex asked herself.

He never made sense to her but she had a gut feeling that something was brewing.

Alex was brought out of her thoughts by a familiar raspy voice.

"Hey." Dean greeted.

"Hey, who do you think I'm fighting tonight?"